Match Amplitube to Modo Bass amp?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 MODO BASS 1

I'm trying to recreate the sound of the amp in Modo Bass with Amplitube, it seems closest using the Ampeg BA-500 with similar graphical eq settings and the Amplitube 4x10 cab, but there's a bite to the middle of the tone I can't match. I'm not sure what micing setup Modo is using, but is there an easier way of matching the sound of Modo's amp and cab to Amplitube?

The MODO BASS amplifier settings can be matched in AmpliTube 4 setting-for-setting, by switching between the two plug-in windows, but we don't have any particular suggestions on recreating these sounds exactly as these are different tools. The MODO BASS amps are modeled from AmpliTube, so I would personally suggest using AmpliTube 4 to accept the DI signal only and then recreate your choice of bass tone. AmpliTube 4 has a lot more control to offer over amp settings compared to MODO BASS so you should have more control over what sound you are looking for.

The Ampeg SVX 2 Collection has never done me wrong when finding bass tones. I love to start on the V4-B, make some minor tweaks depending on the instrument, then go straight for some different mics to get the sound I need for whatever performance (The Velo 8 is a great model for adding some low end and it fits perfectly when blended as a second mic.).

Hope this helps! :D
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

@Ryan_IK Thanks for the advice! Here's the settings I'm trying to emulate:

Here's the closest I've gotten so far:

It sounds similar, but not close enough. What could I do to make the sound match even better? What mic set-up is modo technically using?

Ryan_IK wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 pm The MODO BASS amplifier settings can be matched in AmpliTube 4 setting-for-setting, by switching between the two plug-in windows, but we don't have any particular suggestions on recreating these sounds exactly as these are different tools.
In a case such as the one I've given above, is there anything I'm missing? The EQ settings a little different to account for the lack of mic settings on Modo, is there anyway I can get these two to sound near identical?

Any ideas?

Return to “Effects”