So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:13 am
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 amIs it being developed proper...............NOPE.
Repeating the same speculation will not make it true.
It's not speculation :shrug: Wishing something is true doesn't make it true :shrug:

:shrug:

So... Is hair metal Guitar Wig dead?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 amIs it being developed proper...............NOPE.
It's not speculation :shrug: Wishing something is true doesn't make it true :shrug:

so stop wishing it!

Not using a plugin based solely on the date of it's last update,
is ridiculous. If you have something(s) you like better, fine.
Use what's best for the song in your daw. :hyper:

glokraw wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:59 pm Not using a plugin based solely on the date of it's last update,
is ridiculous. If you have something(s) you like better, fine.
Use what's best for the song in your daw. :hyper:
It really just depends on how you work. I'm guessing you finish every song you start. I don't I finish maybe 10% of the songs I start right away, the other 90% I might have around for months or years.
Because of this I've definitely had a folder of older starts become worthless after a computer upgrade, and a reluctance to put discontinued soon to be useless plug ins on the new instal. Not even mentioning the fact that I don't have all versions of Kontakt on my machine, so this older songs become bunk etc.

Just saying, there are distinct reasons why one musician with a different working method than yours might be only interested in actively supported software. :)

It is actively supported though - it just hasn’t been updated in quite some time.

glokraw wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:59 pm Not using a plugin based solely on the date of it's last update,
is ridiculous.
Some of the best advice you'll get anywhere. I'm still using plugs from 2004, ffs -- absolutely nothing compares to MultiLens. (Well, maybe if/when I learn DSP and Reaktor.)
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Speculation
/ˌspɛkjʊˈleɪʃn/

- The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

---------------

Theory
/ˈθɪəri/

- A proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation.

----------------

Conjecture
/kənˈdʒɛktʃə/

- An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

-----------------

EVIDENCE
/ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/

- The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

------------------

Three out of four ain't bad :shrug:

A lack of updates for stable software is in no way evidence of a lack of development. With Massive X we've already seen their strategy for older plugins i.e completely re-building the concept within a modern framework. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that if NI did intend to keep GR as an ongoing proposition that they would build-from-scratch.
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pmWishing something is true doesn't make it true :shrug:
I don't think I've made my 'wishes', theories or speculations clear, thus far. More conjecture on your part, perhaps? However, given the fervour with which you are prancing around, repeating the same baseless speculation, it would be easy to suggest that it is you that's wishing for something to be true.

Keep your bone, little doggie :tu:

Let me ask you a question. Why do you guys keep on? It's been YEARS since there was an update. Why do you keep insisting that it's going to be developed further.

Like the Dino's, it's nothing but a fossil.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:55 pm Let me ask you a question. Why do you guys keep on? It's been YEARS since there was an update. Why do you keep insisting that it's going to be developed further.

because we believe dammit! :cry:

youre a fossil :P

no one is insisting it will be developed!
we are just saying its not dead.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:55 pm Let me ask you a question. Why do you guys keep on? It's been YEARS since there was an update. Why do you keep insisting that it's going to be developed further.

And there was me thinking you weren't just a dumb troll :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Wow, you are a jerk. Click.

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 pm no one is insisting it will be developed!
we are just saying its not dead.
I'll settle for that :hug:

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Wow, you are a jerk. Click.
I answered your question, in the previous post, and you just came straight back asking the same bullshit question that you've been asking all along. At his point, you are clearly just trolling.

Return to “Effects”