D16 Group announces Syntorus 2 (Win & Mac, VST & AU) introducing AAX format

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How does it sound? I like Tal Chorus, can Syntorus do those vintage Roland chorus things?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

@25 quid think I will get it. Love the sound of v1.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:46 pm I think €9 is the upgrade price if you own Syntorus 1. IIRC I got the first one as a freebie somehow.
Hmmmm, I wonder if that's why; my Syntorus is NFR.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

v1o wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:56 pm How does it sound? I like Tal Chorus, can Syntorus do those vintage Roland chorus things?
I'd say try the demo. TAL Chorus LX is a really nice free plugin, but it is not as versatile as Syntorus. Syntorus can do all kind of chorus types very well. I like it especially because of the string synth ensembles and organ vibrato/chorus, but I guess it will also sound good on synth and guitar.
jethrobull wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:01 pm @25 quid think I will get it. Love the sound of v1.
I'm glad the v1 presets are still there and sound the same as before. At least they do on my headphones. The preset 'Juicy' is called 'Juicy CS' on v2 btw.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 pm
v1o wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:56 pm How does it sound? I like Tal Chorus, can Syntorus do those vintage Roland chorus things?
I'd say try the demo. TAL Chorus LX is a really nice free plugin, but it is not as versatile as Syntorus. Syntorus can do all kind of chorus types very well. I like it especially because of the string synth ensembles and organ vibrato/chorus, but I guess it will also sound good on synth and guitar.
jethrobull wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:01 pm @25 quid think I will get it. Love the sound of v1.
I'm glad the v1 presets are still there and sound the same as before. At least they do on my headphones. The preset 'Juicy' is called 'Juicy CS' on v2 btw.
Yes, just playing with the demo now and they all seem to be there :)
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I think this is the best recent D16 silver line 2 release. When used subtle it just makes the sound better.

I'm playing with it now and it sounds great, but I wish:

- Independent mode simultaneously switched the Line and LFO pages. I don't know how many times already I have messed with line 2 while tweaking LFO 1...
- ... or put them all on one page. :P

- Macro knobs for all 3 LFOs' depths and amplitude..
- ... or put them all on one page.

- Separate preset category for the choppy rhythmic gating stuff. Except once I get through the initial exploration I will probably just pick a couple of favorite chorus templates and always start from those and tweak as needed, anyway.

- Would be nice if it had a built-in phase correlation meter since it's easy to screw up your mono compatibility. On the other hand, if you need to offset one side to correct for phase issues, you can do that with this :D

this has nothing to do with GUI scaling on the monitor... it's not how it works.
It's simple, D16 plugs don't support retina/hidpi displays...
But it does work for me. Dunno about Apple Retina, but "high DPI" displays are nothing extraordinary and do not require any special support. High resolution is just another numeric value, not any kind of rocket sience.

As to sound demos - this thing is very subtle and natural. Don't think I need it, but surely it's good in what it does.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:26 am
this has nothing to do with GUI scaling on the monitor... it's not how it works.
It's simple, D16 plugs don't support retina/hidpi displays...
But it does work for me. Dunno about Apple Retina, but "high DPI" displays are nothing extraordinary and do not require any special support. High resolution is just another numeric value, not any kind of rocket sience.
The only way to make D16 plugs display as "crisp" on my screen is to display my screen as native 1:1 (so 4096x2304 cramped in a 21" screen) which makes everything ridiculously small, then switch D16 interface to "BIG".

Apps/plugins have to be aware of scaled resolution and scale itself accordingly. in the case of D16, they could use the resources for "big" skin to render it at small size... most plugs i own (raster) know how to do that.

4K at 27" is 160ppi, 4K at 21" (what i have) is 220ppi, "normal" was around 80-100 PPI.All real HiHiDPI screens require some scaling at OS end, else they're unreadable because they're way too small.

what do you have and how do you run it?

in any case, they said they've put it on their list which is good enough for me

The only way to make D16 plugs display as "crisp" on my screen is to display my screen as native 1:1 (so 4096x2304 cramped in a 21" screen) which makes everything ridiculously small, then switch D16 interface to "BIG".
And that's the correct way.
most plugs i own (raster) know how to do that.
Well, there are two schools. Some users prefer to choose on their own, others prefer the plugins to be smarter than themselves :P
what do you have and how do you run it?
I have 27" 4K monitor running Ableton under Windows. I default GUI scaling to 150%.
For recent D16 plugins I prefer BIG size as they have beautiful texture (though medium would be fine, too).
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 am And that's the correct way.
why and how is that the correct way?
So apple has been doing it wrong for a decade now (mind you they were the first with consumer hidpi displays).
And also all my other plugin manufacturers that support HiDPI/Retina properly (u-he, fabfilter, izotope, voxengo, celemony, antares, wavesfactory, audiospillage, 2c audio, AAS, FAW, Fxpansion, sound theory, sugar bytes) are doing it wrong?
DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 am Well, there are two schools. Some users prefer to choose on their own, others prefer the plugins to be smarter than themselves :P
I can't do that myself! I can't force D16 plugs to use "big" resources at "small" size...
And there aren't two schools. There's one way to do it on Mac, and you either do it or you don't do it...
DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 am I have 27" 4K monitor running Ableton under Windows. I default GUI scaling to 150%.
For recent D16 plugins I prefer BIG size as they have beautiful texture (though medium would be fine, too).
27" at 4K is 160ppi, running 1:1 is feasible.
what i have, 21.5" at 4K is 220ppi, is not feasible at running 1:1.
nor is feasible running my 13" (2560x1600, 230ppi native) at 1:1.

And besides, doesn't matter since D16 acknowledged it and is working on it anyway :)

Sounds very good, it can get close to those Roland and TC effects.
It can get very lush and rich.
Here is an example (custom preset):

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -synorus-2

Upgraded to V2 (in blind because one can't demo D16 products offline :roll:). Looks cool, sounds lovely, low CPU usage, latency: 0.3-1 ms (depending on the selected quality). I'm pretty happy with it.

SteveWZ wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:54 am
Sounds very good, it can get close to those Roland and TC effects.
It can get very lush and rich.
Here is an example (custom preset):

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -synorus-2
Sounds marvellous! Ending up buying Syntorus 2, as I couldn't recreate the sound with any of my existing chorus plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”