Arturia Released FX Collection Including 2 New Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arturia has just completed its FX collection with two reverbs. In addition to the REV-Plate 140, which was free for Christmas, there is now REV SPRING-636,a spring reverb and REV Intensity a new creative algorithmic reverb. The bundle also includes all other recently released plugins.

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... n/overview

I had the chance to check out the new reverbs. Here is a non-talking sound demo of the REV Intensity which is nice lush sounding reverb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpa-4R ... e=youtu.be
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I skipped on the delays because i already have a bus load of delays, and what Arturia offered wasn't really enough to entice me to buy them. But, i got a 49 EUR offer to upgrade my previous FX bundle (which included filters, compressors and preamps) to the new one, so getting 3 delays and 3 reverbs (even though technically i already had the freebie EMT one) for 49 EUR puts it into the no-brainer territory. The modern-style reverb looks awesome and is probably worth it on its own.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

For me only owning the free xmas reverb the price is 199 EUR and that puts it firmly into the no thanks territory no matter how many glossy photos they throw at me showing people caressing rackmount hardware or feisty chicks singing in squats.

graspee wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:22 pm For me only owning the free xmas reverb the price is 199 EUR and that puts it firmly into the no thanks territory no matter how many glossy photos they throw at me showing people caressing rackmount hardware or feisty chicks singing in squats.
Those bastards... How dare they ask 199 for a pack of 12 effects. :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

5 years ago when I started collecting plugins your sarcasm would be justified but the landscape has changed. I’ll wait for the 99 Euro deal.
Last edited by SHall1000 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHall1000 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:34 pm 5 years ago when I started collecting plugins your sarcasm would be justified but the landscape has changed. I’ll wait for the 99 Euro dale.
Really? So, there are no single FX plug-ins costing that anymore? :o

I must have been living in another world then :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Sure, but we are talking a bunch of reverbs, delays, compressions and amp sims where the competition is huge and generally cheap (and good). High price stuff really needs to offer something unique nowadays IMHO.

fmr wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:29 pm
Sounds reasonable if you consider that others ask 150 to 250 bucks for a bunch of impulse responses and a graphical interface. I like the demos of the spring reverb on Arturia's site and you can even try their Space Echo online.

I’m with Burillo. Expensive given current market dynamics for the effects in question.

With roughly 16,50 per plugin this bundle is actually cheaper than the notorious flash sales of Plugin Alliances...

OK. Maybe should have looked at the new ones before I commented on the price :clown: . The Rev Intensity does look interesting. Will have to demo.

Are there no more '3 ... you'll actually use' bundles? Is it single plugins or the whole 'FX Collection' bundle now?

$49 upgrade showing for me, seems reasonable:)

Calenberger wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 pm With roughly 16,50 per plugin this bundle is actually cheaper than the notorious flash sales of Plugin Alliances...
True however in the case of the delays at least, it's questionable whether you could consider them 3 separate plugins. Valhalla Delay for example offers several variations of digital and tape in the same plugin. Same with the filters, they could have just made it one filter plugin with a selectable filter mode.

Still, it's pretty good deal. As usual, loyal customers get punished a bit with the same €49 upgrade price for just 2 reverbs as the others get for the reverbs + delays, but €49 for two reverbs is still a good price.

fmr wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:29 pm
graspee wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:22 pm For me only owning the free xmas reverb the price is 199 EUR and that puts it firmly into the no thanks territory no matter how many glossy photos they throw at me showing people caressing rackmount hardware or feisty chicks singing in squats.
Considering that it looks like people are selling the 3 packs for about $99, to get the whole damn thing for $199 doesn't sound too bad.

It's a unique bundle though. I don't know of any other dBX 165 nor Gates Sta-Level emulation. I hear the 1176 is uniquely good. I don't really care for the EQ's and preamps right now, but the delays and reverbs sound really good.

Return to “Effects”