Checking Out : 1178 by Pulsar Audio [New Plugin]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pulsar 1178

I think the original Pulsar Modular developer sold it to the Turkey based company that now bear that name so maybe he went on to form this one? Bit confusing to have the same logo too though.

I think the Pulsar Modular is a guy name Peter and at least some point lived in the States.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:57 pm Is this by the same people who originally made the Pulsar Modular synth? - same ish logo, similar name
They're not related

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=458780&p=7619545&hi ... r#p7619545
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I recommend demoing this plug-in. It's one of the better ITB compressors available. It can work wonders on vocals in particular, but many other things as well. I will certainly purchase with the special deal I get as an owner of their Mu compressor.

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:40 pm Demo'ed it last night bought it today.
If you are a subscriber and own any of their previous plugins, they will send you an email via coupon to get it for $59..
rsp
Still waiting for that coupon... :?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

J4R1O wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am
zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:40 pm Demo'ed it last night bought it today.
If you are a subscriber and own any of their previous plugins, they will send you an email via coupon to get it for $59..
rsp
Still waiting for that coupon... :?
No coupon here yet. Not sure if I'm subscribed to their mailing list, though I own Mu. Maybe because I purchased through Plugin Boutique. Not too fussed, though Mu is very impressive so I have quite high expectations of the 1178.

Everything this company releases is an instabuy for me!
For those still without codes, just email support.
They already explained on Gearslutz that they identify previous users through Ilok registrations.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Not something I would have probably purchased at full price but, at 59 Euro, can't go wrong! I love the Mu. So much mojo on the mix bus.

An incredible piece. Pulsar makes top shelf gear. I went to do a ten minute review and it ended up taking 45 minutes.
https://youtu.be/2CtyBKiXUjI

Hey guys!

Just got a reply back from Pulsar Audio. Just like you figured out, they don't have anything to do with Pulsar Modular :).

I hope you guys got your email if you're already a Pulsar Audio user.
ericbridenbaker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:17 pm An incredible piece. Pulsar makes top shelf gear. I went to do a ten minute review and it ended up taking 45 minutes.
https://youtu.be/2CtyBKiXUjI
Agreed! I've managed to do a review that doesn't last that long, but it wasn't easy to be honest haha. I've edited out all the speech and just kept the sounds. I usually do pretty long 25 to 35min reviews, so this was kind of a challenge for me.

I see you also slammed the compressor in your review Eric haha! It's funny how this thing is easy to be pushed. I was pretty heavy-handed in my review, but it was just too much fun, so I kept going :D

a new release and no M1 support :( I'm hesitant to buy new released that aren't native.
is this iLok related?

also there's been a bug related to oversampling in Mu in relation to logic pro 10.5.+ that causes insane Click-blasts that hasn't been fixed and i'm hesitant to buy another plugin :?

which is too bad because i love what Mu does.

yes it uses iLok.

which could be the reason why it is not M1 native (pace isn't Silicon Native yet afaik).

Don't have logic so can't comment on the logic issue.
Have they been able to replicate the OS issue you mentioned? What have they been saying about it?

rsp
sound sculptist

i guess the rumour about M1 native compatibility being tied to native builds of iLok security are true.
I so want to buy this, but the never-fixed bug in Mu is so off-putting. I've been using Mu without oversampling but it feels dirty and i push it less, which is a shame because it love to be pushed

A few of the companies I test for have all said it. Personally I would take it as confirmed.
Anything Pace Related (ilok and AAX) can't be M1 till pace becomes M1 Native.

rsp
sound sculptist

it sounds nice

but it sure likes to crash Native 10.6.1 :/

Return to “Effects”