Whats your verdict on Usine Hollyhock and what do you use it for?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I couldn't resist the $49 offer. It seems to be extremely powerful. I might fall in love for projects which need video and audio as well as DMX.
As a long time Max user the intro video made me already feel at home...; - )
And MPE works out of the box!

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:29 pm I couldn't resist the $49 offer. It seems to be extremely powerful. I might fall in love for projects which need video and audio as well as DMX.
Do you know how long the offer lasts? Was about to log on to the HH forums, but I can't remember my username let alone my password :scared:

Nice software but weird bugs sometimes, if you have something working well is better to keep with same version as created. I had some weird problems few times when I updated usine to the the last version and tried to load an old project, so beware! I also experimented weird graphic bugs in the gui... However the developers are really kind and responsive as is the little comunity using this exeptional tool. Is especialy great for experimental projects and some tools are unique. With a friend light designer we designed a setup for controlling in realtime the surround sound and light for a dance show with improvised sequences, where everithing was live, we turned the show around the world without crash during the shows! so is a great tool and at this prize a no brainer if you are into modular composition and design your tools.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:29 pm I couldn't resist the $49 offer. It seems to be extremely powerful. I might fall in love for projects which need video and audio as well as DMX.
Tj, that's interesting !

It could be a great addition with a Sensel Morph.
the User HID and the External Device Sensors could bring the morph and Usine on steroids .....
Best
YY

liv wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:36 pm Whats your verdict on Usine Hollyhock and what do you use it for (or how do you use it)?
wins an award for the dumbest naming in history,
next to "fuzzy dunlop" of course. ;D

Looks like Hollyhock 4 is out or will be released soon.
https://www.brainmodular.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sensomusicu ... e_internal

Reply to the OP, I will use HH whenever it can be used as a VST then will host is my DAW!
As much as it is a really nice DAW I still prefer Studio One as it has ARA!

I downloaded the demo of 3 and I like it, but I’m a little too far down the road with Ableton/M4L, and am just not up for another learning curve. What Hollyhock seems to have going for it, is that you can skate almost indefinitely on the demo. There’s only a nag screen that you can close at the opening. It’s a lot like Reaper in that respect, except that it’s a subscription model, and kind of an expensive one at that. Isn’t Reaper a one-time fee of $60? A one year Hollyhock (non-professional) subscription is twice that, but you only need a subscription for developer support really. Hollyhock seems to offer everything that Max/MSP and Reaktor does in a slightly more user-friendly package, which is a definite plus.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”