Question about Reasons Grain Synth.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all.

Really new to Reason and loooooooooooooving it very much.
Storing presets for the different extentions like for example Grain seems to be difficult.
Every time I want to save a preset it says: The patch cannot be saved because it references sounds are self contained. If you want to save the patch you first need to un-self-contain the sounds in the Song Self Contain settings.

Well I unchecket all the samples in the settings and did check just on to save the preset, BUT, Reason does not save my preset.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

I was just taking an existing preset and changed it and wanted to save it with a new name.
Does not work.

Any idea?

I have just tested it and I could save normally! I didn't change anything in the setting though! Which settings you changed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

classic wrote:Hello all.

Really new to Reason and loooooooooooooving it very much.
Storing presets for the different extentions like for example Grain seems to be difficult.
Every time I want to save a preset it says: The patch cannot be saved because it references sounds are self contained. If you want to save the patch you first need to un-self-contain the sounds in the Song Self Contain settings.

Well I unchecket all the samples in the settings and did check just on to save the preset, BUT, Reason does not save my preset.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

I was just taking an existing preset and changed it and wanted to save it with a new name.
Does not work.

Any idea?
Were you adjusting a Factory Soundbank preset that came with Reason 10?

If it's referencing a sample that's not included with 10.x and you want to self-contain it, then you have to save it as a song file (all settings in Grain will be saved in the song file). Otherwise, unchecking the sample that it's referencing will allow you to save the patch (that said, if you send someone the patch, they'll need the sample to open it, though).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”