Envelope Follower in Fruity Loops (and/or) Pro Tools

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in maxforlive you can have an evelope follower and have it set so when audio comes in, depending on its volume it will raise or lower any linked parameter(s) and you can either have it go upwards or downwards and you can set the highest and lowest point the paramter can go...... i really want to use this feature in FL Studio and pro tools... anybody know how to do that?

thanks

i got the blue cats dp meter but it wont work when i assign the parameters to CC

Have no idea about Pro-tools but in FL this is what you're after;

https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... roller.htm

FL has Peak Controller I just learned (:

and as I send this message I see someone respond with exactly that (:

I will say that I want to have some settings for changing the output to more of an average peak level rather than the exact peak, sometimes it would be good this and others that, mayb ei could just put some processing in between like compression, that would be the way to do that I'm thinking as I write this

thanks

so i have some ideas for how to use this

+Mixer track with sound (which will activate this peak controller) >>

>> Routed to a separate track>>

>> In that separate track we will insert the peak controller at the end of the chain>>

>> Now we can add a compressor (or other effect) to give it more of an average signal if needed (since the peak controller is sensitive which is a good thing) ABOVE the peak controller in the same separate mixer track (and tweak accordingly, maybe use multiple compressors and fade between if needed) >>>

>>> and if you need to stop the peak controller from activating whatever its connected to, just turn down the routing amount from the original sounding mixer track [alternatively you can send it to an in between track and turn that volume down] and you can automate the peak controller's base volume if you need to, or have a second peak controller which takes over with different settings maybe from a different send track or from the same one when you do this; or do what i wrote in the notes below>>>

>>>also you can automate the peak controller's parameters using keytrackers or whatever, maybe even another peak controller>>>

------------------------------------------------------------

(and as i type this I'm thinking of the best way to fade out of the peak controllers control because if i were to just automate the controller's base amount while fading out the track send amount it may not be very smooth, so I'm wondering the best way to do that. Maybe instead of fading out the track send amount you would just automate the base parameter to the desired amount while also automating the peak level parameter (the amount of change from the base level) and also the tension control at the same time, I think that would be the best way.

also an idea to note it to do this on both mid and side, or even left and right, or both, otherwise its just going to be listening to everything at once, you would do this by sending that original mixer track to two or more tracks, which you would then put above the peak controller either something to make it mono or only sides

(also make sure to mute the peak controller tracks' outputs, which it should do automatically but you can also just unroute it from master)

To the reader (mainly myself): abstract these ideas further (:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”