Cubase update 10.0.20 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have not seen that somebody mentioned it...

Some new features are added and some bug fixes. An interesting new feature is the "locator range duration", which display the duration time between locators.

Update with the Steinberg Download Assistent (if already installed) or on the update site:
Cubase 10.0.20:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... se_10.html

Versions History
http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... istory.pdf

Nice update for a 0.0.5 increment :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

does this address the many problems with cubase 10?

i mean, the release notes say nothing to me.

i mean, from user point of view.

i do not own cubase 10 pro yet, i am still on 9.5 pro, waiting for the sale, or waiting for bug fixes, both, i think...

What problems? So far I didn't have any issues with Cubase 10 Pro.

Reefius wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am What problems? So far I didn't have any issues with Cubase 10 Pro.
on the steinberg forum i see a lot of issues, that is my source. and other sources.

but there are people, that ain't have any issues, and say even that it is much more stable than 9.5 pro.
so i am carefull, too much, i think. o well, the sale is coming, and 9.5 pro is still working.....

WasteLand wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 amon the steinberg forum i see a lot of issues, that is my source. and other sources.
I've seen many people complaining about their windows suddenly getting too wide or otherwise unusable & they had to reset them. According to the release notes, this seems to have been fixed, but can't confirm - never had that problem (yet).

On general level, every DAW (and every software) every version has some bugs/issues, so without knowing what exactly stops you from upgrading, it's hard to tell :)
Music tech enthusiast

WasteLand wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am on the steinberg forum i see a lot of issues, that is my source. and other sources.
People only tend to post on support forums when they have issues, while the majority of users is happily making music and never visit the forums.
If you really want to know if Cubase 10 is stable on your system, the best way is to download the free trial and use it for 30 days. You already own an eLicenser dongle for Cubase 9.5 Pro so nothing is stopping you from trying v10. You can have both versions installed side by side (I also have 9.5 installed although I never use it anymore, just didn't take the time to uninstall it yet).

I experience an issue which is directly addressed in the update:

Recent Apple Mac computers ship with Apple’s T2 chip, which also provides an audio controller (it’s used when you select the Built-in Audio ASIO driver in the VST Audio System in Cubase).
The architecture is different than in the audio controllers used before, so we had to modify our CoreAudio2ASIO component.
In situations where you plug cables (e.g. headphones) in or out, port connections are now resolved automatically, so you should always have an output on either internal speakers or devices connected to the headphone jack.

IE: unplugging the headphones was essentially unplugging the audio interface (a problem).

It's as stable as DAWS can be, generally. Going by that forum rather than your own experience is useless.
I learned about something not that long ago I didn't know, but via googling it (going back to 8.5, a Project Logical Editor toggle for the whole project to switch from linear to musical time). I have no real use for the forum for over a decade. It might be good in the beginning. But really, you need to know for yourself, there is a full demo good for 30 days. People love to say 'bugs' but a bug has been reproduced consistently. So, which bugs? That was kind of a bug and it had more than one manifestation. Not meaningful even to most people (people with an actual external audio interface), but it's addressed.
A number of issues were addressed. None meant anything to me in my use case. Are you having issues with 9.5?
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reefius wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am on the steinberg forum i see a lot of issues, that is my source. and other sources.
People only tend to post on support forums when they have issues, while the majority of users is happily making music and never visit the forums.
Exactly. Going by the internet, any software on this planet is buggy like sh**. Normally, it's bugs which occur, when you do this and this and that, and have this and that and this installed, and conifgured the software in this and that and this way. Stuff like that. Nothing which burns the house down, when you simply start the software.

yes i am fully aware of the problem with forums. but there was a an update for 9.5, was it 9.5.41, i can't remember that had real issues of course i can try it, i have an activition code, for more than a month now, didn't use it yet.

yes, i see a lot of complaining about software i own, which i not recognize.

but i thougt, the issues with cubase 10 where big.

something to also with 9.5 projects not loading correctly..

and the space it takes on the ssd.. i have reasonable big boot ssd, and 2 other ssd's, for lib's, content, projects and a hd.

but i see now in the latest update, you can place almost every content to another path.

i have enough space left on the boot drive, but i am old, in the early days, it was prefered to have a lot of space on the boot drive. i am stalling, perhaps the main reason; i will buy it....

You can customize the installation. I choose not to for the vast majority of content. The download takes a while, I wish it were controllable from the outset.

I'm doing another trial of C10 Pro. I like Nuendo slightly better still. I am not experiencing tons of bugs. I have one really irritating thing happen which may be Mac OS only and which may be located in the T2 chip, suddenly the audio turns to utter garbage. Not very frequently occurring.

If you don't see '9.5 projects don't load correctly' reproduced consistently it's probably particular to the user, and you can count on there being a lot of user error at that forum.

If nothing else, it's nice to get back some of the context menu items that vanished in the step from 9.5 to 10.
Also, and I know this irritates ( :D ), but I've experienced no odd behaviour in v10 (Win 10, i7, RME interface).

The bug I reported got fixed so I'm happy! The issue with default presets not loading when a VST2 effect plugin was drafted in from the browser is now resolved.

So are context menus back with this update? Maybe I should demo it again before judging it.
I thought Cubase 10 was really shitty upgrade to be honest, no new features I need or want. For the first time since VST32 days I probably won't upgrade Cubase.

Cubase just feels so left behind if you want to be creative inside the DAW. For mixing/recording Cubase is really fine... but for control/modulation/sound design/progressive loops, it's never going to be what I want it to be I guess.

I already got Bitwig, just need to time to sit down and really learn it.

Welp! :(

The 10.0.2 experience for me started with a crash - even with an empty project when I tried to drag the divider between panels (sequencer, inspector, editor, media bay) it would freeze and then crash every time. I forced Cubase to use embedded GPU instead of 1050Ti and it works now, but it worked on NVidia before the update and there was no driver update recently, so that's on Cubase.

Also, when I used native Compressor plugin and clicked "Live" beneath the transfer curve display it crashed, but I've no idea if it would in previous version, because I never used it before. Have to investigate more...

So, not happy with this. Never had crashes with other DAWs by themselves, very very occasionally when using plugins (always legit copies), but now I got 4 on the same day with basically empty project. Not very confident in this update right now :(
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”