FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

v1o wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:28 pm Flex is just a rompler style synth to sell sound packs.
Giving an instrument away for free to sell sound packs is more of a Native Instrument's model. Image-Line usually charges for the instrument and then tries to sell you more add ons later. This is a completely different approach to what people are used to and is a signal of how competitive the market is right now. And, that is a huge drop in interest for FL Studio, that should be alarming to some. It's also on a downhill trend, which can't be good for business.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:18 pm
v1o wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:28 pm Flex is just a rompler style synth to sell sound packs.
Giving an instrument away for free to sell sound packs is more of a Native Instrument's model. Image-Line usually charges for the instrument and then tries to sell you more add ons later. This is a completely different approach to what people are used to and is a signal of how competitive the market is right now. And, that is a huge drop in interest for FL Studio, that should be alarming to some. It's also on a downhill trend, which can't be good for business.
What are you even talking about? what add ons? you mean some new plug-ins they release on FL studio? presets? or what? explain yourself better because I don't know what your intentions or motives are...

JunSev wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:40 pm
What are you even talking about? what add ons? you mean some new plug-ins they release on FL studio? presets? or what? explain yourself better because I don't know what your intentions or motives are...
The basic version of FL Studio is filled with demo versions they are trying to up sale you. Free updates for life, but for only 50% of the included catalog that you are forced to download and install. I'm not sure any other DAW company uses that type of model to pander their products. It reminds me of those installers that force you to install things you don't really want or hide it with a tiny little check box you accidentally miss.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:18 pm
Flex looks like it’s quite limited anyway compared to the other synths. Is it a bit more flexible than Nexus? Anyway there is nothing alarming with selling sound packs. Especially because they appear to be either genre specific or have specific themes.

Like any other company, Imageline’s business model has to evolve organically over time. The market evolves over time. You can’t go for 20 years doing the same things over and over again.
Last edited by v1o on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

ictools wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 am It reminds me of those installers that force you to install things you don't really want or hide it with a tiny little check box you accidentally miss.
I can do paranoia with the best of them, but you've gone over the edge. There's nothing hidden or confusing about FL's model. The DAW comes with some nice effects and instruments. You can use them and the DAW and upgrade for life. Surely you don't think that you should get lifetime free updates for every product they come up with?

If you don't like their other products, you don't have to buy them, and they don't try to trick you into doing so. There are no forced installs, unlike with, say, Cubase. Use all of your other VST's if you want extensibility.

There's more than enough slagging of FL at KVR without just making sh*t up.

Only, there is a synth engine under the hood - it's not a ROMpler.

Selected sound designers are given the full synth with which to develop presets.

ictools wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 am
JunSev wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:40 pm
The basic version of FL Studio is filled with demo versions they are trying to up sale you. Free updates for life, but for only 50% of the included catalog that you are forced to download and install. I'm not sure any other DAW company uses that type of model to pander their products. It reminds me of those installers that force you to install things you don't really want or hide it with a tiny little check box you accidentally miss.
And why this is in the official page? are they really hiding something?

https://www.image-line.com/flstudio-fea ... rison/?t=3

First version I got was FL studio producer edition and then upgraded to signature bundle, and when I did I knew what additional plugins I could get and what additional functionality, there is nothing hidden.

There is some plug-ins in the full bundle version that at the end are optional, you can buy it if you want, but the others version are basically offering you all the functionality of the Daw. So want more plug-ins? upgrade version or just buy the plug-in, nothing is forcing you.

If knowing this you just decided to come up with this theory you're more clearly a hater than someone that uses the reason as argument.

Wow. Uh ...

Anyway, thanks for the updates guys. Having lifetime updates on a kickass DAW is so cool, and pretty unusual in the scheme of things.

I’ll just cheekily join the requesting of even more vectorised things, haha. ;) But eh, you’re doing good stuff.

GreyLion wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 am
ictools wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 am It reminds me of those installers that force you to install things you don't really want or hide it with a tiny little check box you accidentally miss.
I can do paranoia with the best of them, but you've gone over the edge. There's nothing hidden or confusing about FL's model. The DAW comes with some nice effects and instruments. You can use them and the DAW and upgrade for life. Surely you don't think that you should get lifetime free updates for every product they come up with?

If you don't like their other products, you don't have to buy them, and they don't try to trick you into doing so. There are no forced installs, unlike with, say, Cubase. Use all of your other VST's if you want extensibility.

just a remark, always compare their prices with other webstore, for ex.
https://www.image-line.com/plugins/Synths/Harmor/
vs
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/172-Harmor

139EUR + VAT vs 129 EUR VAT included ... before buying
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:16 am
GreyLion wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 am

just a remark, always compare their prices with other webstore, for ex.
https://www.image-line.com/plugins/Synths/Harmor/
vs
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/172-Harmor

139EUR + VAT vs 129 EUR VAT included ... before buying
I know of countless companies where distributors are selling products cheaper than what is from the official webpage (from synths to effects, and daws), so is not like an isolated case.

It would be nice to see install options in a future update so that we can choose which plugins will be installed and whether to install the sample packs or not - as some other DAWs do.

I love FL Studio but it is more bloated than it needs to be for my uses.

JunSev wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 am I know of countless companies where distributors are selling products cheaper than what is from the official webpage (from synths to effects, and daws), so is not like an isolated case.
Actually, i don't know any company where that isn't the case.

Fl studio developers really don't care about addding new improvements to their existing plugins apart from vectorized guis and eye candy
The sampler channel still uses the filters from version 3.0 :lol: , there has been no development whatsoever to improve these
The new Flex plug suffers from the same thing , it's a collection of existing modules thrown together
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

chk071 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am
JunSev wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 am I know of countless companies where distributors are selling products cheaper than what is from the official webpage (from synths to effects, and daws), so is not like an isolated case.
Actually, i don't know any company where that isn't the case.
voilá
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ve-2-Synth
vs
https://u-he.com/products/hive/
wanted to choose between Harmor and Hive 90EUR+VAT is ok for Harmor but 139+VAT cmon
--
btw. the inbuilt plugin integration is brilliant in FL especially in Patcher environment (compared to VSTs one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8RDT9w2D6c
and always wanted to learn Harmor, so thx IL Team
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

@xbitz: Check this out: https://www.thomann.de/de/search_dir.ht ... 08cfb_1444

All cheaper than on u-he's site.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”