Reason 11.2 Out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

many & several or not
hehe

Crossinger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:15 pm Haven't many of us already migrated to other DAWs? 8)
Therefor this update is so great to be able to use Reason for Midi too...

Their Players show all the VST developers how things should be layed out and should work... sadly nobody listened ... now we don´t need the Midi VST´s anymore... :tu:

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:54 pm
Crossinger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:15 pm Haven't many of us already migrated to other DAWs? 8)
Many != All :)
Yes, I know. You are still an avid member over there at ReasonTalk. I took the plunge over a year ago. Reason has always been an intermediate step for me. Never became a true fan, despite the fact that I heavily invested in RE‘s. So R11 is my exit ticket.

Tronam wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:51 am
antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:43 am
Anosou wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 amYes! Well, at least we've fixed the issue that caused it to not work previously and confirmed that it now launches properly. Hopefully there are no other bugs lurking :party:
Awesome! :hug: :love:

Now where are you with track folders, track freezing, support for MIDI FX VSTs (in Reason DAW) and high-res GUI? ;) :pray:
I’m sure they’ve never heard those requests before. :hihi:
With their utter lack of response to the high-PPI GUI issue, yeah, it does seem like they’ve never heard that request before.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Trancit wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:03 pm
Therefor this update is so great to be able to use Reason for Midi too...

Their Players show all the VST developers how things should be layed out and should work... sadly nobody listened ... now we don´t need the Midi VST´s anymore... :tu:
I'm still waiting for note triggered blocks in Reason as a clip alternative in Reason anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxbiKCE ... =emb_title
is very good as a general-purpose MIDI processor https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -computer/ so MIDI-out is a superb good news
Last edited by xbitz on Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Trancit wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:03 pmTherefor this update is so great to be able to use Reason for Midi too...
Not only that. If I'm not mistaken, with the MIDI Out you can now take Synchronous, Pulsar or any LFO and route it out from Reason Rack VST as a CC and use to modulate parameters in VSTs or native devices in host DAW that doesn't have that, e.g. Studio One or Cubase! :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

that's nice to use a MIDI LFO,
but often MIDI is quite steppy

I love Reason and appreciate that Props have been there for my whole computer music journey. I just made Reason 3 a lasting medium

hopefully Bitwig developers also can see this topic, hallo Grid where is your MIDI-out ?

nix808 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:24 pm that's nice to use a MIDI LFO,
but often MIDI is quite steppy
Sure, but it's better than nothing :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:26 pm Sure, but it's better than nothing :)
agreed, and it can always be de-zipped(smoothed)
an LFO can also be sent as audio, if it not DC blocked

and what is next, what about VST supporting in the plugin version?

yeah- that would be alright,
but mainly for me I need a pitch and gate CV out of VSTfx
the MIDI coming out of the VSTfx would become pitch and gate CV terminals,
it's been requested before
--that would make RE entirely redundant though

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 pmWith their utter lack of response to the high-PPI GUI issue, yeah, it does seem like they’ve never heard that request before.
I have said several times that we're aware and will definitely get to it, in fact we are working on the graphics part of Reason right now. I can't say when/how it'll be released and in what shape, it's quite a big undertaking, but we're on it and of course we want our product to look awesome! :party:

Probably v12 then. :D

Anosou wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 pmI have said several times that we're aware and will definitely get to it, in fact we are working on the graphics part of Reason right now. I can't say when/how it'll be released and in what shape, it's quite a big undertaking, but we're on it and of course we want our product to look awesome! :party:
:hug: :party:

I'm hoping that GPU acceleration and ideally internal zoom are part of that effort :)
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”