Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

I can totally understand that. :D

Speaking of feature request, please upvote if you'd find it useful for your workflow:

https://answers.presonus.com/71856/key- ... hord-track
The piano roll has an awesome feature of snapping played or inserted notes to selected key & scale, so that people that don't know music theory and / or cannot play well won't record wrong pitches.

However, when the track is following Chord Track, that feature gets completely disabled whereas it should still be on and - ideally - should follow the Chord Track as well.

As an encouragement, I'll say that Cubase introduced that in v11 last year :)

key & scale snapping.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:51 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:41 pm Image doesn't work for me. Feel free to describe it.
Turn off the firewall.

Or read here:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Editing_ ... 257C_____4
I'm not on a firewall on my phone, that's a weird assumption. Thank you for the link.

briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:32 pmI'm not on a firewall on my phone, that's a weird assumption. Thank you for the link.
Your internet provider might be, though. I've assumed that because when I'm at work I also can't see pictures hosted by this particular service that I used there. I'm not criticising you, just trying to help.

And you're welcome :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:48 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:45 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:28 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:21 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:07 pm“ S1 midi is 99% there for the vast majority of users” is pretty meaningless as the vast majority of users will be doing very basic MIDI sequencing.
So in other words devs should clutter and complicate the interface for that 1%? :o
Yes because that’s exactly what I said.
It's the consequence of what you said.
It's really not.
It is. "Studio One is pretty weak at MIDI and way behind many others in third party MIDI effect plugin handling" is a criticism implying that Studio One should get more advanced MIDI features. When you say at the same time that it's pretty meaningless that the vast majority of users will be doing very basic MIDI sequencing, then obviously, you consider it a good idea to complicate the DAW and the interface for the 1% of users which rather have more sophisticaed MIDI features.
That's not a logical conclusion from those statements as far as I can tell. Why would adding midi fx stuff that the users in question won't even look at necessarily complicate things for them?

And on the midi fx subject, another thing they need to fix is how some notefx won't work correctly on live incoming midi, for no reason. No doubt some project manager with no perspective thought no one would need to filter live notes.

Yea midi FX is one of the weaker parts of S1. I was somewhat suprised coming from Ableton (that is still by no means gold standard for midi fx) on how little options you have.

I use UVI Falcon now for all my midi FX needs, there is now a rather complicated way of exporting the result of that into MIDI if I need it on a track that isn't Falcon but I think there would be lot of potential there.

It's exactly those thing though that I fear will get low prio now after the aquisition from Fender.

I guess the most natural first step for them would be integrating Fender Play into a Sphere subscription to make it a better value proposition though there isn’t that much of a crossover.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I would say FabFilter raised S1 to the next level (modulators of the FabFilter plugins able to modulate other modulators> a big :tu: )
finally, I can see the reason for macros in it
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

apoclypse wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 pm
teilo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:58 pm
apoclypse wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm Very annoying bug on macOS. Studio One 5.2 stops playing when you move away or open an other app. So if you have S1 open and switch to your browser S1 will stop playback. Was never an issue before and it used to be an option in preferences to turn that off.
I have no such issue. I'm typing this right now in my browser with Studio One 5.2 playing, on Mac.
It seems to depend on how long you've had S1. There was a setting in S1 called release audio engine when in background from version 3. They removed that option so recreating the audioengine.settings removes that option. If you look at the XML of the file you will see the option there. It's just not exposed to the UI anymore.
@apoclypse I'm trying to make S1 suspend while in background, but so far have been unable to do so. I found the option suspendInBackground="0" in AudioEngine.settings and changed it to "1", but the behavior did not change. My Google searches have not been successful either. Do you have any additional knowledge on the subject or a source for one?

I'm always in&out of Studio One. Subscribed at least twice in the last few months, but only for one month. It's.. I don't don't really know what it is I don't like about it. It checks all the boxes, but it's got something I just.... Maybe it's because BONES likes it. I don't know :lol:
Tracktion on the other hand is a special little gem I just got. Really love creating stuff in it. It's kinda unique. Maybe that's what rubs me wrong on Studio One. It's bland and boring. But for bland and boring I already have Logic. :party:

need to update my signature
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I have absolutely HAD IT with Studio One's insane behavior regarding having midi notes for multiple arranger tracks displaying at the same time in edit mode. I just clicked on a midi clip in arranger and then in edit I saw about 1 million notes (mostly greyed out) from like 20 tracks. Why on earth would I want to see notes from 20 different tracks when I clicked on 1?

In edit mode I had to manually deselect all 20 tracks. Insane garbage.

Is there an option I can set so that multiple midi clips NEVER EVER EVER display in edit mode unless I manually select them? This is how it worked in Cubase way back in the day. If I wanted multiple clips to show in edit mode I would have to manually select all of them in the arranger.

Whatever Studio One is doing with midi clip selections by default is a dumpster fire and I can't seem to find a way to make it behave normally. I checked the documentation, but maybe I overlooked something or was looking in the wrong spot?

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:44 am I have absolutely HAD IT with Studio One's insane behavior regarding having midi notes for multiple arranger tracks displaying at the same time in edit mode. I just clicked on a midi clip in arranger and then in edit I saw about 1 million notes (mostly greyed out) from like 20 tracks. Why on earth would I want to see notes from 20 different tracks when I clicked on 1?

Is there an option I can set so that multiple midi clips NEVER EVER EVER display in edit mode unless I manually select them? This is how it worked in Cubase way back in the day. If I wanted multiple clips to show in edit mode I would have to manually select all of them in the arranger.

Whatever Studio One is doing with midi clip selections by default is a dumpster fire and I can't seem to find a way to make it behave normally. I checked the documentation, but maybe I overlooked something or was looking in the wrong spot?
Yes there is something weird about that.
Double Click on a region ensures to have only that is shown in editor.
Alt/Option Double Click makes it fit the screen

ozinga wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:21 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:44 am I have absolutely HAD IT with Studio One's insane behavior regarding having midi notes for multiple arranger tracks displaying at the same time in edit mode. I just clicked on a midi clip in arranger and then in edit I saw about 1 million notes (mostly greyed out) from like 20 tracks. Why on earth would I want to see notes from 20 different tracks when I clicked on 1?

Yes there is something weird about that.
Double Click on a region ensures to have only that is shown in editor.
Alt/Option Double Click makes it fit the screen
Double click is annoying but it'll work for now if there's no way to change default behavior. THANK YOU.

The default way it zooms in on clicks is also feels like nonsense to me, but I'll start using alt.

Anyone here using Studio One on a 14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro/Max? I currently have a 2019 16 inch MBP that I am looking to swap out in February & I'm curious about whether or not 14" inch is enough screen real estate for this. I really want the portability of the 14" but now second guessing if I should just get the 16" instead after using my 2019 a bit more recently. Thank you!

kxmmeron wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:46 am Anyone here using Studio One on a 14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro/Max? I currently have a 2019 16 inch MBP that I am looking to swap out in February & I'm curious about whether or not 14" inch is enough screen real estate for this. I really want the portability of the 14" but now second guessing if I should just get the 16" instead after using my 2019 a bit more recently. Thank you!
I've heard some folk say that they regret getting the 16" machine as its pretty big. If you are going with a Pro vs a Max I would probably go with the 14". When I ordered mine I originally ordered the 14" but then went to 16" and frankly I should've stuck with the 14", the 16" is pretty big. I like the 16" so I don't regret it that much and portability isn't really a concern for me anyway.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”