Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Stan Navi wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am Unfortunately Ableton crashes always i use racks for instruments layering them. Omnisphere, Rapid, Tal-Uno-Lx, pianoteq 6. When i use it in a rack, Ableton crashes. Today Bitwig demo saved me, when playing live.
Not having any problems using instrument racks. Are you on Mac or Windows? Which OS?

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:08 am Editing velocities from multiple clips seems like a logical extension of the present functionality. Probably just didn't make it into the first release.
actually*

I hope they add it to a future release. I made a feature request. Now waiting to see if others vote for it.

I had some really odd problems with syncing the arpeggiator in Omnisphere. Suddenly it started ratcheting on random places. But I never managed to recreate the problem though - a restart of Live fixed it directly.

But all in all I really like the update. The CPU meters under the tracks are so incredibly useful.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Aye, the update is really good. To choose just two: the way scales in piano roll and scene follow actions are implemented are just incredibly slick

I think the way the scales is implemented is fine, right up until all the visual hot mess on the piano itself. Why you need to mark both the piano and the lanes, I have no idea. Fortunately, while I might have made use of it once in a while, I don't really need it. I would have much preferred something like this. I mean, just how many hints do you need? IMHO, Ableton seems to be confusing quantity with quality in their approach to visual feedback the last two versions.
Live 11 piano roll clean piano.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:58 pm I think the way the scales is implemented is fine, right up until all the visual hot mess on the piano itself. Why you need to mark both the piano and the lanes, I have no idea. Fortunately, while I might have made use of it once in a while, I don't really need it. I would have much preferred something like this. I mean, just how many hints do you need? IMHO, Ableton seems to be confusing quantity with quality in their approach to visual feedback the last two versions.

optons menu "highlight scales" set to off and it wont happen. K keyboard shortcut.

canadian_moose wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:58 pm I think the way the scales is implemented is fine, right up until all the visual hot mess on the piano itself. Why you need to mark both the piano and the lanes, I have no idea. Fortunately, while I might have made use of it once in a while, I don't really need it. I would have much preferred something like this. I mean, just how many hints do you need? IMHO, Ableton seems to be confusing quantity with quality in their approach to visual feedback the last two versions.

optons menu "highlight scales" set to off and it wont happen. K keyboard shortcut.

Oh, nevermind. I think you mean something else. :)

I sincerely got excited when you said there was an option! LOL.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 pm I sincerely got excited when you said there was an option! LOL.
But there is an option! He/she already told you!
You can enable one of them or both or none! You can click "scale" on the far left, and this can give you the Keys highlight, while the "k" shortcut gives you the piano roll highlight! What's the problem then?!

I'm so done with live.
Just finally installed it on my laptop and while sure I found it did take more resources on my desktop but not much, my laptop is unusable with the same settings.

Sylenth1 used 16% cpu and crackled
Used to use 2-5% and was rock solid.
Tried the same thing in Reaper just to make sure (while yes I know reaper is low on resources, sylenth1 is suuuuper light)
0 issues with reaper and the sound to me was cleaner.

I did a quick test with Live 11: 40 instances of Serum. I think I did 80 with Live 10, but that test was a year ago or more. I'm going to try to retest this weekend (need to reinstall Live 10), and make sure I'm using the same patch in Serum, etc.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 pm I sincerely got excited when you said there was an option! LOL.
Try what I suggested. It may or may not be exactly what you want based on your picture.

Of course you may have already tried this and its not what you wanted. Anyway....... :)

Anyone know the best way of informing Ableton of a bug? Seems unnecessarily obtuse; not a crash and I'm not a Beta tester. Waves Ovox window is messed up on expanding,

EnGee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 am
But there is an option! He/she already told you!
You can enable one of them or both or none! You can click "scale" on the far left, and this can give you the Keys highlight, while the "k" shortcut gives you the piano roll highlight! What's the problem then?!
Because it's the exact opposite of what I think would be more efficient. The piano is a non-standard rendition to begin with, now it's complete visual mess. Look at the image I uploaded. That's the problem?!

Cannot find the info elsewhere: can one define a custom scale in Live 11?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”