Please suggest some vintage reverbs to checkout

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plate algorithms is the kind of sound I was looking at first,
but basically any reverb that doesn't create a sense of walls and has a vintage sound will fit.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

roman.i wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:50 am basically any reverb that doesn't create a sense of walls and has a vintage sound will fit.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Hmm... now I'm as confused as some of the others here. :oops:

What exactly do you mean by "doesn't create a sense of walls"?

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:52 am
Hmm... now I'm as confused as some of the others here. :oops:

What exactly do you mean by "doesn't create a sense of walls"?
I mean that room algorithms create sense of walls. For example, H-Reverb that I have has this "sand throwing on walls" sound which creates the sense of walls (I can't get rid of it by tuning eq/damping).
On the other hand, plate algorithms create a floor without walls, and there are reverbs that create a sense of space without walls and floor, basically a delay in diffusion mode.

Most reverbs let you turn down or disable the "early reflections" that are responsible for providing "walls"? H-reverb should certainly be capable of some smooth plates.

imrae wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:50 am Most reverbs let you turn down or disable the "early reflections" that are responsible for providing "walls"? H-reverb should certainly be capable of some smooth plates.
I'll check this. Thanks.

Yeah, exactly that. Also try to adjust the diffusion setting, which can help with that as well, in my experience (might be wrong).

In addition to some others mentioned here: iZotope R4

Relab Sonsig-RevA
Relab VSP S24
Adaptiverb
Wormhole
Atliverb

just to name a few.

Thanks everyone, finally got the TSAR reverb on a sale.
I also tried to tune the H-reverb to get that sound,
but it has too many controls and it takes too much time to make it sound right.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”