Sound Treating/Proofing Room – Still Worth It?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dupe post
Last edited by mixyguy2 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't use any of them, so I cannot comment. I did use a reflection filter to help improve the sound. But all of this is relative. I can recommend another method to you: you can use 2 microphone boom brackets, which extend completely vertically (the boom is at a 90-degree angle). Then, spread a quilt or the like on it.
:wink:

I definitely wouldn't do it if you intend on moving in 12 months. I had panels stuck up for a few years and it was still a nightmare getting them all off the walls without making a big mess.

A few thoughts:

1. First and foremost WAIT. I would not do much if anything until you move, unless you feel like you "have to" get going now.
2. Foam sucks. Don't waste your money.
3. Vocal booths: see foam comments.

I can't see that you can do much about the noises of the heating etc but for general sound control, you can do simple an fairly inexpensive things vs spending gobs of money on sound panels and all. Like get one of those 3-panel dressing dividers and hang some heavy blankets over it.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”