sub bass enhancer plugin

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kammuri wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:25 am +1 bx boom

but also EQ'ing should do the job (as this is what these plugins do, boost some of the frequencies - what can be done using EQ, as mentioned before) :tu:
some don't just do that though, some are adding content through synthesis. adding layers of sub frequency content which you can't do with just an eq in every case because there are times when a sound doesn't have sub/bass content there to boost.

wojf62902 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:56 pm

but also EQ'ing should do the job (as this is what these plugins do, boost some of the frequencies - what can be done using EQ, as mentioned before) :tu:
some don't just do that though, some are adding content through synthesis. adding layers of sub frequency content which you can't do with just an eq in every case because there are times when a sound doesn't have sub/bass content there to boost.
which goes to show you need to choose the right sound in the first place
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:55 pm

mmmmh, when you make your sounds... and need some extra synthesis, for the low.. it is a building block for sounds..

mixtur.se wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:20 pm Waves Renaissance bass or waves submarine (different approaches).
Also PSP mixbass
+1 to RBass. That one is always on my mixes, amazing sound. PSP mixbass 2 is great and a bit more aggressive. Still haven't used submarine.

Nembrini PSA1000 is surprisingly good on sub too, discovered it a month or two ago, during a sale they had. I mostly use the Jr version because simplicity... just by using the presets you can get the sound you were looking for

what is your problem with people using a plugin?! Seems clear to me you hate them for whatever reason. People can do things however they like, they don't have to follow your rules. These plugins are useful, people like working with them, GET OVER IT!

Why do you think people have historically layered kickdrums or snares in genres like dnb? It's part of what we do. Not all breaks were recorded at highest fidelity we still want to use them though, your advice is just stupid, it's like saying dispose of a famous breakbeat or sound because it's "not the right sound".

Those kind of plugins are made for mixing engineers who don't have control over material they get, so it's like last resort kind of thing, but they are kinda pointless for people who actually make their own music and can actually layer a sub and have much more control over it, but whatever floats ones boats.

Melda MBassador

ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:55 pm which goes to show you need to choose the right sound in the first place
here's a professional scenario for you:
- you've received files you need to mix
- you don't get to rerecord nor is it financially feasible, maybe the drummer/bass player has died in the meantime?

"just change source bro"
uh okay, i'll just decline every mix job because recording might be less than ideal, despite the fact that some issues are fixable with 2 clicks and a decent plugin.

wojf62902 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:59 am

what is your problem with people using a plugin?! Seems clear to me you hate them for whatever reason. People can do things however they like, they don't have to follow your rules. These plugins are useful, people like working with them, GET OVER IT!

Why do you think people have historically layered kickdrums or snares in genres like dnb? It's part of what we do. Not all breaks were recorded at highest fidelity we still want to use them though, your advice is just stupid, it's like saying dispose of a famous breakbeat or sound because it's "not the right sound".
who said I had a problem with people using plugins? The problem I have is people always wanting to use a gimmicky piece of software when a lot of issues can be fixed with simple basic knowledge of mixing; not always but most times. Show me where I have said people have to follow my rules. It's an open forum, my opinion being allowed as much as yours. Difference is I can post with manners and make suggestions rather than resorting to inflammatory personal insults like yourself. And I can't be assed to reply to my personal stalker Ploki.
Whatever. I'm done with this place.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Good riddance. Dont flatter yourself too much

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:40 am
wojf62902 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:59 am

who said I had a problem with people using plugins? The problem I have is people always wanting to use a gimmicky piece of software when a lot of issues can be fixed with simple basic knowledge of mixing; not always but most times. Show me where I have said people have to follow my rules. It's an open forum, my opinion being allowed as much as yours. Difference is I can post with manners and make suggestions rather than resorting to inflammatory personal insults like yourself. And I can't be assed to reply to my personal stalker Ploki.
Whatever. I'm done with this place.
Your forced opinions aren't of any interest to me, I'm looking for software which everyone has provided information on apart from you who decided to turn the thread into their own personal soapbox on why they dislike that software. You came into my thread mouthing off a load of personal opinions then got upset because I quite rightly ignored it. If you want to speak about how you hate "gimmicky" software save it for your own blog or threads, I don't care.

this can also do the job:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCharacter

try that with mixing.

+1

i have both mbassador and mcharacter and they're bit different and sound bit different

Ploki wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:09 pm +1

i have both mbassador and mcharacter and they're bit different and sound bit different
Mbassador is made for bass. but Mcharacter, can also do the job a way, synthesis, and more.. quite a plugin by the way.. i bit like what UA Bass Mint can, but specialized.
MBassador, is more like MaxBass from waves, or live's Drum Bus. all 3 react differently by the way...

the EQ way cán work, of course.

Multiband processing/compressor, isn't that mentioned already, also can boost lows. gives also great results, sometimes more natural, to use that word. natural? more balanced? no, in a way, perhaps.

i go what with i like and what i want achieve.

it is what you want and like. i use those gimmicky plugins, when necessary. mainly because, a kick in my rythmic loops can't be identified, of course i can do layering. but boosting works, as it should, not always, and sometimes i have the choose, even EQ.

but then i am talking already about complex samples, and not a simple (or simple..) kick.

so many roads!

Mbassadors sub1 is one octave below lowest fundamental (sub2 is two octaves) so it only adds that frequency. I think MCharacter “notes” tab adds everything including harmonics?

For stuff like kicks without strong tonality i actually prefer voxengo LFMaxPunch

Never used MaxBass so no clue how it works

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”