Optik crashing Ableton..head trauma

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey, I'm running ableton 7.01 and having major head trauma getting optik (my favourite drum machine) to work.

I've tried booting in XP and Vista, using versions 1.131, 1.4, with built in sound and an emu 0404 interface

I can use it for half an hour to a couple on a new track, then ableton crashes (citing optik) and cannot reopen a project making use of optik. I've tried deleting and refreshing the vst folder. The only thing I can make work is deleting optik from the vst folder, opening the project and freezing any optik tracks, then copying the optik back to the vst folder, closing and opening the project and unfreezing the track, then altering the settings back to where I remembered them. This works about 25% of the time.

If anyone has *any* useful tips, please, PLEASE share them..what is left of my hair is rapidly falling out.

Cheers, Alex

www.myspace.com/alxzndr (http://www.myspace.com/alxzndr)

Contact the developer of Optik?

Wow, sounds like a real headache!
Sorry about the late reply, I have been out of the loop for some time now.
I can try running Optik in Live, but I cant promise that I'll figure anything out. Everyones system is different and chances are you have a unique problem here. If I can recreate the scenario then I can try to see what's happening, but I really dont have the time for extensive research. I'll post back if I figure anything out.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”