A couple of issues

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there's a way of drawing in fade ins/outs and generally controlling the volume of an audio track. I know you can change the gain in the audio editor, but that doesn't give you a smooth transition between two points. So far I have just recorded in my own fader movements to bring the level up or down. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it's quite important for me. Otherwise it seems you would have to edit the audio file in a separate editor and bring it back into Luna - meaning that you'd have to guess what your doing - not really something I could work with!

Also - is there going to be support for anything other than .aiff files. At present I have so many samples that I have amassed in .wav etc... Or will I need to get a soft sampler to plug in and play with Luna.

I have used a hardware sampler for years (E-mu E6400 classic) - but it's in need of repair i.e. broken buttons on the front panel. I'm reluctant to pay a high price to have it repaired right now.

That's why it would be great for me if Luna could support other file types - so I could bring in lots of the samples I collected to use on the E-mu. Can anyone recommend a sample player I could use with Luna for playing back other file types? I've looked at Kontakt, Mach 5 etc.. but is there a cheap simple option I could use for now?[/i]

Are you saying that LUNA does not support WAV files? I assume that you are using an Apple system, although I would have thought that the Apple version would support WAV as well.

Yeah, I'm using a Mac.

When I want to select an audio file, Luna will only allow me to use my .aiff files. At the moment, if I want to use other samples in other file types I have to convert them to .aiff first.

So your using a PC and you're saying can import .wav files into LUNA - right?

Sorry - just realised that I can import .wav files into Luna. 8)

I should have checked again first. It's the mp3 files that won't import - but that's okay because I have far less of them than .wavs.

Now I'm happy! :)

Supersonic1 wrote:I'm just wondering if there's a way of drawing in fade ins/outs and generally controlling the volume of an audio track. I know you can change the gain in the audio editor, but that doesn't give you a smooth transition between two points. So far I have just recorded in my own fader movements to bring the level up or down.
I'd suggest you take a look at the page on "VST Automation" in the tutorial that you can find here. I think that will give you what you need to accomplish what you're asking.

DaveL

Thanks DaveL,

Yeah, that does work. I looked at these tutorials a few weeks ago after I first bought Luna, but hadn't looked again. :)

Although it works, maybe it's just me, but I think the controller automation under the piano roll could do with some refining. I'm going to post a new topic about that though.

Return to “MUTOOLS”