Beta D idea

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am very excited about working in the modular plug area. Being able to create a mixing environment by using the embed featur together with Mux and Musynth is really an incredible prospect: you can make the relevant controls all visible in the plug area - this can really help keep complex mixes under control I think! congratulations on very fresh thinking.

One difficulty I have though is keeping track of which parts are feeding which modules: I know I can "view all inputs" from the context menu but I am wondering if there mightn't be a more immediate or visible way to see the connections.

One idea: would it make any sense to be able to put parts also in the plug area: so you could have a part module feeding a musynth - tab to view its editor - command-tab to reveal the part in the composer?

Also a thought: it would be great when you have racks in the modular plug area to see their sends represented somehow.

semiquaver wrote:I am very excited about working in the modular plug area. Being able to create a mixing environment by using the embed featur together with Mux and Musynth is really an incredible prospect: you can make the relevant controls all visible in the plug area - this can really help keep complex mixes under control I think! congratulations on very fresh thinking.

One difficulty I have though is keeping track of which parts are feeding which modules: I know I can "view all inputs" from the context menu but I am wondering if there mightn't be a more immediate or visible way to see the connections.

One idea: would it make any sense to be able to put parts also in the plug area: so you could have a part module feeding a musynth - tab to view its editor - command-tab to reveal the part in the composer?
But what about the timeline?

A part needs a timeline...
Also a thought: it would be great when you have racks in the modular plug area to see their sends represented somehow.
Nice point. But not immediately sure how to implement this (quickly).

a part could appear with a time ruler above its upper edge perhaps ? Maybe there is a better solution, but my fantasy would be to be able to hang out in the modular plug area. or at least a way to see right away which parts are feeding which modules.

semiquaver wrote:a part could appear with a time ruler above its upper edge perhaps ? Maybe there is a better solution, but my fantasy would be to be able to hang out in the modular plug area. or at least a way to see right away which parts are feeding which modules.
Something which pops up in my mind: when you select a plug, all parts in the current composition that target that plug are automatically selected.
Just like selecting a part focusses its target.

But maybe this could also be unwanted/annoying behaviour?

What do you think?

sounds like a good workaround to me (I've been thinking about the 'have to select a part to target a synth' problem too) ...

You could also use it as an analysing/navigator tool of sorts ("what synth is where in my song?"). At least I couldn't see how it would be an annoyance or slow things down.

Marco :)

Bonteburg wrote:sounds like a good workaround to me...

You could also use it as an analysing/navigator tool of sorts ("what synth is where in my song?"). At least I couldn't see how it would be an annoyance or slow things down.
I think you're right. It shouldn't hurt as default behaviour.

At the contrary: it will make MU.LAB more easy, transparant, understandable :)

So will do.
I've been thinking about the 'have to select a part to target a synth' problem too
I think this is a separate topic.

In fact, you don't have to select a part to play a synth.

E.g. You can just plug in a synth in a rack and it's immediately playable :)

Or if already plugged in, just focus it by left clicking it, or via its context menu -> "Focus".

when you select a plug, all parts in the current composition that target that plug are automatically selected.
That would be great I think!

semiquaver wrote:
when you select a plug, all parts in the current composition that target that plug are automatically selected.
Me too! :)

pljones wrote:
semiquaver wrote:
Me too! :)
Alright :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”