EQ Ducking / Sidechain

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wondering if theres a way to do eq ducking without using a compressor...
I'd like to highpass the bass track using a kick, but without using a compressor.
Seems like it wouldn't be hard to set up... Is there a way to have audio (or midi trigger )the ducking?

thanks

Audio Envelope Follower or an MSEG would do this with relative ease
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

how would you link it all together?

thanks

Here is a basic setup
Duck EQ.jpg
The highpass filter freqency is set by the output of the envelope follower.
The amount is set with the Mod. Out Gain value in the env. follower.

You can use other audio as inputs for the env. follower, or you can filter the input of the env. follower, or .....

The Mod. Monitor is just to check the levels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AndreasD, what about writing an e-book "MUX for experts?" :idea:

You have many great suggestions in this sub forum but they're all a bit over the place, would be nice to have them collected in an e-book with alphabetical index... 8)

he's a genius

thanks so much AndreasD, this is great.

Tricky-Loops wrote:AndreasD, what about writing an e-book "MUX for experts?" :idea:

You have many great suggestions in this sub forum but they're all a bit over the place, would be nice to have them collected in an e-book with alphabetical index... 8)
Why not.
Once upon a time there was a Mulab/MUX wiki where i added quite a lot, created by a guy called DiGiT. By some reason, it didn't work.
Any suggestion on the 'how to'?

Why not.
Once upon a time there was a Mulab/MUX wiki where i added quite a lot, created by a guy called DiGiT. By some reason, it didn't work.

If you need, I can host it on a sub domain on my web server. Wouldn't hurt me at all to make you an admin over the sub domain.
Last edited by dakkra on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Setup.

dakkra wrote:Why not.

If you need, I can host it on a sub domain on my web server. Wouldn't hurt me at all to make you an admin over the sub domain.[/quote]

All right.
Than how?
I just post 'tips and tricks'? Users ask? "how to do a skrillex bass in Musynth" style? "How does a Flanger works and how to build it in MUX" style?

What do you guys prefer?

And there is a Dropbox account HERE, setup by Jo, where all patches i post can be found.

A MUX Wiki would be great, too. Because sometimes I read an interesting workaround or solution, then I forget about it and when I remember "Didn't someone post a patch how to make choirs with MUX?" a few months later, I don't find the thread anymore... If there were a search field in the MUX Wiki and I could type in "choir", for example, and it would show me the right approach, that would be superb!

But a PDF "MUX for experts" with deeper stuff and an explanation of every module, what you can do with it and how it can be combined with other modules would be brilliant, too!

Perhaps instead of the PDF, have the explanations of each module and what they can do as wiki topics. That way you can also tag them to other ideas utilizing them in the wiki.

When DiGiT setup his site, it ran off of forum software. Should I do that or go with a wiki? (Question is for both users and Andreas)
My Setup.

The e-book "MUX for experts" is just an idea for AndreasD how he could earn some bucks because there probably are some people more (like I) who are praising MUX once in a while but don't have enough time to do something extraordinary with it. So if there were a thorough explanation of all modules and how creatively they could be combined, it would help a lot of users, and they're surely would shell out some money to get help on the planet MUX ("Planet MUX" would be a great title for video tutorials :lol:)...

MUX is pretty deep, what I miss is a detailed (PDF) manual. For example, REAPER - whether you like it or not - has a great manual with more than 400 pages and most things explained in detail. But the MUX manual is restricted to some pages on the homepage if I recall it correctly.

A MUX Wiki would be a great idea, too, especially with (linked) tags and a good search feature.

Feel free to tell what you're really missing in the MUX docs. I mean: Info that is essential to know before you can use it and info that is not learnable by simply using and right-clicking the MUX user interface. Then i'll update & extend the docs where necessary.

First of all, i will not write a detailed manual!
I'm not in the convenience business.

If someone has a problem where i can help, i will.
And if i find a need solution for some of the problems i have, i will share.

As mentioned, MUX is very deep. Except from some effects that require sophisticated feedback loops, i was able to achieve basically everything i ever wanted.

In the end you have to theoretically be clear of what you want to achieve. That means you have to invest and study your problem - which often is the fun part for me. From there it's usually very easy to set things up in a MUX. And if you are not sure which modules to use, look at the input and output colors of each module and you will find what you need.

I could see if i can come up with a few tips&tricks and just add them to those Dropbox files where i store the patches.
Any urgent needs?

Andreas

Return to “MUTOOLS”