Return Cursor to Start Position on Stop?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love Mulab and want to purchase it, but there's one major problem. Is there an "Auto Return Cursor to Start Position on Stop" feature?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

no sorry

runaudio wrote:no sorry
Thank you for your reply runaudio. I am now so bummed, I'm going to go jump off my roof out of sheer disappointment. Farewell my friend, farewell...
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Yes, there is.
You just have to use 2 commands for one keyboard shortcut

I use the following (old Cubase habits die hard) for the "0" key on the numeric pad
Stop and return.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok, I didn't jump yet because I was thirsty, but anyway, unfortunately it's not automatic. I still have to tell it to GOTO. I just can't subscribe to a DAW that doesn't have this feature. Reason is the same way. I just don't get it. I really, really dig MuLab. It's a shame. Thanks for the help anyway. I really appreciate it!

The mentioned sequence would automatically jump to zero when you hit your defined Stop key.

But I might not understand your request correctly.

AndreasD wrote:The mentioned sequence would automatically jump to zero when you hit your defined Stop key.

But I might not understand your request correctly.
I use the spacebar and would like to hit the spacebar to play, then when I hit the spacebar to stop, I want the cursor to return to where I started playing from, instead of just stopping dead and resuming from where it stopped unless I manually tell it to go back to start of the part I'm playing.

I've added this request on the wishlist, will add it in some future update.

mutools wrote:I've added this request on the wishlist, will add it in some future update.
Thank you Mu. You guys have a great, great product in MuLab. I would just be driven batty using it without that feature.

But it´s already easily doable:

In MuLab 6\User\Settings open the MainSetup.txt file and add the line:
SupportMultiFuncShortcuts=1

Start MuLab and open the Shortcut manager...

Edit the Sapcebar entry like this:
Shortcut.jpg
Then it does exactly what you described... hit space to play and when you hit space again, playback stops and the cursor jumps back to where you started....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Let me try that Trancit. I'll be back.

I went to the wrong file, hold on...

Dude it worked! Thank you bigtime for your help! I am so not worthy! :hihi: I am indebted to you forever!

You´re welcome :-)

Now this begs the question, are there any other things we can add to the MainSetup file to add functionality and is that snippet of info documented anywere or is it a leftover from earlier incarnations of Mulab ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “MUTOOLS”