M7.7.4

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SparkySpark wrote:If anyone could make a quick movie on these "gorgeous new dimensions" I would very much appreciate it.
I think a good "movie" is the Oscilloscope module.
Before my previous post, I was trying different amounts of drift and layers, with different waveforms and harmonic series, and then various fx. I used the oscilloscope (in Basic Synth double-click Show Modular, then enlarge Oscilloscope) to help me "see what I was hearing" and what combination of factors is dissonant or gorgeous to me.
Vs. other software-- the modular freedom and consistent structure of MuLab helps me stay in my "flow"
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Thanks for the tip!

Totally agree on the flow. The more I actually seriously compose music in MuLab, the more I appreciate its workflow, and this includes the MUX parts of it. Whenever I feel the need for something I just drag stuff around and it's all done.

I don't think there is anything like it in the planet (not even in other kinds of applications). :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

M7.7.3 is available in

http://www.mutools.com/mulab/new
http://www.mutools.com/mux/new

What's new: Also the Layers "Quick Edit" mode now supports the new Drift parameter.

How to install:

MuLab:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into the M7 installation folder.
MacOS: Put the new .app file(s) into the M7 installation folder.

MUX VST:

Windows: Put the new .Dll and .ID files into the MUX 7 installation folder.
MacOS: Put the new .vst files into the MUX 7 installation folder.

merci :tu:

:clap: Thank! Very! :tu:
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

merci aussi!

M7.7.4 is available in

http://www.mutools.com/mulab/new
http://www.mutools.com/mux/new

What's new:
  • ADSR: The Bipolar and Legato switches are now integrated in the main ADSR editor and not anymore in a rather 'hidden' sub-panel.
  • Automation part editor: Switching track mute on/off was not reflected in the editor. Fixed.
How to install:

MuLab:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into the M7 installation folder.
MacOS: Put the new .app file(s) into the M7 installation folder.

MUX VST:

Windows: Put the new .Dll and .ID files into the MUX 7 installation folder.
MacOS: Put the new .vst files into the MUX 7 installation folder.

PS: Note that when the ADSR is used within a PolySynth then the legato switch is not there because each PolySynth voice is triggered by one and only one note so the legato switch is irrelevant there.

If you want to have a legato style ADSR covering all voices of a PolySynth then put the ADSR in the parent level and add a Modulation Input to the PolySynth, route the global ADSR to that mod input and in the PolySynth you can route that input to anything there.

Same trick can be done when you want a "global" LFO etc.

Nice update and very speedy, thanks :)
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Yep! good one for the Bipolar and Legato things.
:tu:

Quick demo of the oscillator layers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzoNN0pUz1A

Thank you for constantly improving MuLab. Anyway I've got
two more wishes:
1) Is there a chance to get the oscillators harmonics page visible on the front panel? Eventually in "scaled" version (only overtones 1...x)
2) In another users screenshot I saw the frequency spectrum analyser in the bottom right corner and found that a good idea. Would it be possible to let it snap to the right within the rack? ("Docked")?

nenneb wrote:1) Is there a chance to get the oscillators harmonics page visible on the front panel? Eventually in "scaled" version (only overtones 1...x)
Mmm, i understand your request, but can't comment on it.
2) In another users screenshot I saw the frequency spectrum analyser in the bottom right corner and found that a good idea. Would it be possible to let it snap to the right within the rack? ("Docked")?
There is some item on the long wishlist that would make this and other similar things possible. Can't promise anything yet or give a time estimation.

Haven't launched the synth in Mulab in a long time.
- Does a negative sustain level on the envelopes make sense?
- I think bipolar controls should be neutral at 12 o'clock. Currently controls such as fine tune, pan or xpos have the appearance of unipolar controls.
- Why is the xpos control not simply called tune?

An envelope is just a modulation source. Whether having its sustain portion going negative makes sense does not depend on the envelope but on what you choose to connect it to.

IIRC, transpose controls on some hardware was labelled "xpos". Commonly "x" is "trans" (as it "xmit" for "transmit") and "pos" is just short for "position"...

Return to “MUTOOLS”