VSTi Sampling Device

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have recently started playing around with MUX Modular and i'm finding it very impressive in terms of versatility. i'm wondering if anyone have created a multi-layer/velocity VST instrument sampling/recording device? I reckon it's possible since MUX can host VSTi plugins send MIDI data record the output etc etc... 8)

If you're thinking what I think you're thinking then I think you can't do it because of feedback - you'd be wanting to feed back a signal from the VSTi audio out (going silent for a period of time) to the VSTi event input (to trigger the next cycle).

pljones wrote:If you're thinking what I think you're thinking then I think you can't do it because of feedback - you'd be wanting to feed back a signal from the VSTi audio out (going silent for a period of time) to the VSTi event input (to trigger the next cycle).
basically what i'm thinking is mux will automatically trigger and record output of various midi notes from a vsti like from c2 to c4 and map them to sampler devices, so when i "unload" the source vsti i can play the sampled stuff from mux that is mapped to say c2 to c4.

MUX won't automatically map them to the sampler - that's not possible. You could write a MIDI sequence, render it through the VSTi to get an audio file, then split the audio file up and map that yourself. But the hard part is the editing and splitting that's done outside MUX and writing the sequence and rendering the audio file do not need MUX.

Return to “MUTOOLS”