Control an audio track's VSTi from a MIDI track

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have just downloaded the MHarmonizerCM VSTi, for making backup vocals. It works like this: Insert it on an audio track. Then route MIDI signals from a MIDI track to the VSTi, and get harmonies relating to the root note (defined as C4). So, what I should be able to do is play e flat and g (and possibly c, I'm not sure yet) to get a c minor chord.

However, I can't figure out how the audio track should be able to listen to my sequence. It sounds simple, but I have never tried that before in MuLab, and the MHarmonizer tutorial doesn't help. Please help me out so that I can harmonize my song!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

You need to add a send from the audio track's rack (first slot) to the MHarmonizerCM VSTi rack. That way both MIDI (from the track targeting the MHarmonizerCM VSTi rack) and audio (from the audio track's rack) should get to MHarmonizerCM VSTi. (There are other ways to do it...)

Thank you - helpful as always. :)

I'll try it out soon, but meanwhile I figured out how to works efficiently with Vielklang and it's a more natural sounding solution I assume.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”