Parameter Value Randomizer not polyphonic

Official support for: mutools.com
Ksi
KVRer
12 posts since 9 Nov, 2018

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 am

Let's say you want to randomly pan each new voice, and assign a Parameter Value Randomizer inside the Poly Synth to affect the Pan of the Amplifier.

Instead of each new voice getting it's own pan value, all sustaining voices are panned to the latest voice's location, along with a nasty click caused by the jumping Pan parameter.

This also affects stuff like randomizing Transpose: each sustaining voice is transposed according to the latest voice's randomized value.

Hopefully this can be fixed. A polyphonic randomizing feature would enable very effective sound design techniques.

mutools
KVRAF
9582 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: PolySynth bug: Parameter Value Randomizer not polyphonic

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 am

This is not a bug, it's the way it works: Parameters are common to all voices. If you want a different pan for each voice, you can use a Note To Modulation converter inside the PolySynth and use the random out to modulate the pan.

Ksi
KVRer
12 posts since 9 Nov, 2018

Re: Parameter Value Randomizer not polyphonic

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:49 am

Ah ok I see. I don't think this is documented anywhere so I kinda assumed that everything inside a Poly Synth module happens per-voice.

So, only modulation is polyphonic, and only things that can be modulated polyphonically are parameters that have modulation inputs in their respective modules?

mutools
KVRAF
9582 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: Parameter Value Randomizer not polyphonic

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:16 am

That's correct.

Return to “MUTOOLS”