Clear instructions for VSTs with multiple outputs

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have searched and searched but not found one item I can follow as everything seems to assume you know x or y. I know you open a mux module and drag the vst into it and then use the routing to connect the outputs of the vst but to what? Lets say I am using battery for drums I want bass to go to its own rack module, snare to another etc but just can not get my head around where the outputs should be routing to.
If anyone knows of a CLEAR and SIMPLE diagram or tutorial, I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL if they could point me in the right direction.

mellick wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:00 pm I know you open a mux module and drag the vst into it and then use the routing to connect the outputs of the vst but to what?
To whatever audio input you want. It's you who chooses how your modular setup is constructed.
Lets say I am using battery for drums I want bass to go to its own rack module, snare to another etc but just can not get my head around where the outputs should be routing to.
If you want racks then make sure to insert the VST (Battery) in MuLab's top modular level = the project modular area which is accessible via the "MODULAR" button at the top. So there you insert Battery and you create a bunch of racks and connect the outs of Battery to these racks. These racks will be automatically visible in the Rack Desk.

Please also see http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/using-vst-plugins.html

Thanks but you are giving me the same instructions I have read elsewhere and it makes no sense. I need diagrams or a video tutorial as I am following those instructions and not getting what I expect.

I create new Mux modular, drag battery into it, drag racks into it, route audio out 1 from battery to rack module 1 etc but this does not route to main rack or create new racks in main interface. This is all very logical but in practice following these instructions does not work for me. I am obviously missing something but do not know what. Mulab is the only DAW I have issues with vst's with multiple outputs.

This is why I need a video tutorial or a tutorial with diagrams as although I am doing as per text instructions this is not working as I am obviously somewhere misinterpreting something in the text that is probably very clear to the writer but not so clear to the reader

It is important that, if you want the racks to appear in the rack desk, that you add Battery and the racks in the top level modular area, which is accessible via the "MODULAR" button at the top of MuLab's project window. If you insert racks in a standard MUX these racks will not be visible in the rack desk.

Hello!
mellick wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 pm This is why I need a video tutorial or a tutorial with diagrams as although I am doing as per text instructions this is not working as I am obviously somewhere misinterpreting something in the text that is probably very clear to the writer but not so clear to the reader
Ask and you shall receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYopVxQ5dNA

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions.

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thank you both for replies, they helped me work out where I was going wrong

Return to “MUTOOLS”