MUX Plug-In 8.2.21 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for your appreciation.
That's indeed one of the cases that triggered me adding this extra functionality. However please also note that you could also install MUX outside the Program Files folder hence bypassing the folder write protection as recommended on the MUX installation doc page. I assume that (almost) all hosts DAWs allow for custom VST folders, no?
Anyway, happy to read that the new custom user folder option is useful.

mutools wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:35 pmI assume that (almost) all hosts DAWs allow for custom VST folders, no?
Yeah, though annoyingly my main DAW (Ableton) only allows one folder for the VSTs to be located in, so it'd mean moving out all (and reinstalling lots) of the other VSTs out of my Program Files folder into a non-protected folder

it´s possible to create symlinks in windows...

(1) create uservstplugindirectory, e.g. C:\VSTPlugins
(2) run "cmd", create symlink inside systemvstplugin (here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2)

Code: Select all

MKLINK /J "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2" C:\VSTPlugins
The folder should be visible inside Ableton´s browser now

shorty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:06 pm it´s possible to create symlinks in windows...
Holy crap - I had no idea. Thank you ! :o

Custom user folder path: :tu:

Is it possible to buy a Mux Modular 7->8 upgrade key yet or will we have to wait till it gets out of beta ?

No the MUX 7 -> 8 upgrade is not yet available in the shop.
But feel free to request a temporary MUX 8 Plugin beta test user key via Image

Something I noticed also in 7.7.4: in Rack mixer strip, we have Mute and Solo, but when it comes to midi mapping, we only have choice for "gain, stereo pan, stereo width, and mute". No "solo" available. Don't know if it's a bug ...

No it's not a bug. The solo funcion cannot be midi mapped. Thx for checking.

Hi, any idea/estimation when MUX 8 for macos will appear? And the pricing for a MUX 7 -> 8 upgrade would be interesting for me, too. Thanks.

The MUX Modular 8 Plug-In beta for MacOS will be available later today.

About the MUX 8 pricing: Info coming soon.

:) Wow!

MUX 8.2.14 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mux/beta/

Also the MUX 8 for Mac beta version is available now.

What's changed since M8.2.12:
  • A couple of important bug fixes.
  • Small improvements.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MUX DLL and ID files by the new versions. (4 files in total)
MacOS: Install the complete M8.2.14 zip package in your Mac VST folder

:tu:

"A couple of important bug fixes."
Curious about these bugs.

Return to “MUTOOLS”