Loud pop when load changing waveforms in library Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if its a bug but a loud pop which puts the VU meters into the red for a short instance is occurring when I load a new waveform in the mulab library into a voice module.

I was using Mulab8 32bit when this happened last week.

This has actually blown a capsule on my lovely Grado's (not pleased). because the pop is massively exceeding the volume of the fader and is largely sub sonic.

Anyone else noticed this?
Aka Midland Synthetics

Which steps to repeat this starting from a new project?

OK, I made a new MUX synth and the wave form displays are on the front panel. When i right click to open/choose a new waveform from the MTWF wave selection and click on one there is a sharp voltage spike.
I can send the mux synth i have made if you like.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Yes please send me the MUX synth and also mention which waveform i should select so to repeat the spike. Thx.

I'll send later today. It's any of the MTWF forms.
Aka Midland Synthetics

polyphonic round robin x6 architecture. each voice can be detuned and panned. Dual voice (saw & pulse or pwm). the saws may be changed of course. mixing up the waveforms can produce wavestation type arps. otherwise it sounds fat somewhat like roland jupiter 6. The pops occure when switching any of the saw waveforms for any other wave in the MTWF folder.

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i86edS ... sp=sharing]
Aka Midland Synthetics

I can't immediately repeat what you describe. Please send a project that demonstrates the issue, or give a detailed step by step, or make an unlisted video that starts from a new project then loads the mux patch then demonstrates the loud pop issue.

No worries. I think it's maybe my laptop then. I'll try to get the headphone capsule replaced on warranty anyway.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Return to “MUTOOLS”