Epik Drums SE mics etc.

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, what mics/channels to mix exactly are included?

No ambient mics? Slightly disappointing. Well, is the ambience sound then somehow included in some "mixed", blended channel pot?

Or, is there a mid-version between SE and the full version coming which would include ambience but exclude the grooves and percussions? Seems to be quite a gap there.

If I buy SE at esoundz for the sale price, can I use my epointz?

ps. Are these photos: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4670
from SE or the full version? I see a snare bottom mic there.

The mics are just direct and overheads. Ken actually didn't use ambient mics on those albums. So this is more true to the sound of those records. The ambience and other mics were extras we have for the full version. But your suggestion for a "Kits Only" bundle of the full multitracks is a good suggestion that I'll run up the flagpole. We didn't want to have TOO many different versions but that might be a good one in the middle for people that don't want the grooves... even though the grooves are so much fun to have!

That picture looks like the wrong one so we'll have to swap that out tomorrow. It's only directs and overheads, no snare bottom or ambient mics.

Yes you can use your epointz!

Thanks Squids. I think i'll go for SE then. (I count on you that there'll be an negotiable upgrade possibility to "Kits only" if there will be such in the future.)

Jus11 wrote:Thanks Squids. I think i'll go for SE then. (I count on you that there'll be an negotiable upgrade possibility to "Kits only" if there will be such in the future.)
Yeah we can do reasonable upgrades if that happens no worries. Enjoy! You'll love it!

A timely thread! I'm also interested in these kits, but I'm really looking for a BFD version. I've read that a BFD version may be in the offing, but I don't want to miss out on the introductory pricing (and a good deal).

Thoughts, Squids?
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

We have a slew of kits coming in BFD format in 2011 including plans to release many of the artist kits we've done so far.

That's great news. :)
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Bought it. Nice sounds. However, the loading times of the kits are HUGE compared to Drum Masters 2 kits, stm or multi. Every Epik Drums SE multi (and kit piece, too) seems to freeze Kontakt (3.5.) to "converting" for half a minute. Makes Epik Drums a little useless.

Might be due to difficulties in installing? Sorry to say but infinite player Library Installer is... crap. And yes I downloaded the latest version from Sonic Reality.

First, it approved only one zip, installed it, and then when dragging another one, the installer claimed that the library has already been installed. Bollocks. I had to quit the installer, re-open it, because only by doing this it accepted another library.

Secondly, I noticed I did this only to find out it DID NOT install the samples. Thus I had to unzip the files and manually move the nkc an nkx files to Infinite Player > Samples folder.

See that was what I was told to do last time, when I was installing DM 2 multitrack kits... and when the Infinite Player Library Installer did not work either. Neither does it work now. What a PITA.

But first of all, what am I going to do with kits which make Kontakt freeze to "converting" for tens of seconds? Not much.

Currently I'm on MBP 2,53 GHz 4 Gb OSX 10.6.4. and Kontakt 3.5 (have also Kontakt 4 yet have not installed it yet on this computer). The machine is obviously not a beast, yet these kits should work as nicely as DM2 mt kits do, shouldn't they?

:x

i strongly suggest upgrading to the latest Kontakt and resaving the multis in 4.1 format (4.2 is around the corner as well.) The load times are dramatically faster. The freeze is still there but it is a lot more tolerable with the faster load time.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

gmon72 wrote:i strongly suggest upgrading to the latest Kontakt and resaving the multis in 4.1 format (4.2 is around the corner as well.) The load times are dramatically faster. The freeze is still there but it is a lot more tolerable with the faster load time.
Thanks, I will do that when I can (I'm in the middle of changing main computers & country right now). However, I wonder how on earth can the freeze be acceptable in the first place. If it is, the programming of this product must be poor. Makes me wonder if I can ever recommend Infinite Player based products to anyone! I've been a loyal customer so far, but come on guys, have you released a product which is not ready? And why is the library installer so buggy?

ps. Has Ocean Way Drums (Silver) been added the feature that the tweaks I make to the pieces would automatically be saved with the session? If not, will you ever add this *normal* behaviour feature to the product?

Squids? Can you clarify these?

edit: I got a kind message from Allen from eSoundz, they are aware of some problems in SE. Will be improved, if I understood correctly.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”