Snap, Crackle and Pop on Kontakt

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK I just bought Novachord and I'm using it in Kontakt Player. I realise the problem is probably in KP, but I figured you lot might be quite experienced in this and may have some advice. On patches like "2039-Pad-10Hz LFOs Offeset" there are huge pops and crackles on the attack - sometimes verging on Squarepusher glitch (which in another context might be nice, but not here). I increased the buffer to max (240) and this seemed to helped with some of the other patches which seem to need less voice count, and I also disabled the dual processor option.

The samples are on their own drive.

Is there anything else I can do?

Cubase Studio 5.1.1, Kontakt Player 4.1, Dual 3.0GHz PIV, 2GB RAM, XP SP3.
Soundcard: Scope Project running at ~4ms latency.

Other than that the sounds are lovely but the pops are making some patches unusable.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi,
that doesn't sound good!
have you tried it in standalone mode? it sounds like an issue with the way cubase and your soundcard card etc are setup.

240 buffer? have you tried setting it to 512 samples?

4ms latency is pretty low, to be honest, try raising that.

Please email us via the site and we'll trouble shoot this issue with you.

James

Just shot you an email.

Just tried standalone at 4ms and it seems almost as bad. I just tried 7ms latency and things seem better, although I still get a flashing red symbol (the one under Purge) and glitches with bigger (five-note) chords.

In plug-in mode in Cubase it's still not great even at 7ms.

i've got your email, and will reply now.

james

One of my RAR downloads appears to be corrupt. I'm getting CRC errors as it's unpacking. Just gone to try to re-download and now I'm getting 'invalid file path' on the download link. Perhaps SC is re-assembling the package. I hope so.

Hi,
yes, one of the rar files on the US server had got corrupted. we have no idea how.
downloads are currently now switched to the UK server, so you can download from there.
email us via the site and we'll reset your download link.

The new file will be up in an hour or two.

James

K, thanks.
Oh bugger! Didn't see the offer on the announcement page. Oh well. 8-)

Return to “Soniccouture”