Phuturetone GR-8

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GR-8

Finished the GR-8 track, but didn't update the synth yet. Here's a playthrough. Nice work on this synth.
https://youtu.be/QiOIzymRvwY

Hi All,

GR-8 has been updated to v1.2.0:
  • Assigned Parameter Automation IDs (breaks automation compatibility with previous versions).
  • Removed MIDI Assignments from presets.
  • Simplified installation for Mac (one installer for plugin and presets).
Important: Parameter automation IDs are changed in version 1.2.0. That breaks automation compatibility with previous versions. If you open an old song that had automated (for instance) Filter Cutoff, that automation lane will now automate some other parameter i.e. Envelope Attack.

The change is a fix for a mistake that I made by adding new controls in versions 1.1.0 and 1.1.1. Due to my inexperience with newer versions of the plugin development platform that I use, I didn't know automation parameter IDs are automatically set in alphabetical order unless manually specified.

My sincerest apologies to everyone whose work is affected by the change!!!

On the brighter side, presets are not affected by this change, so your old presets will sound the same as before.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/gr-8-b ... /downloads

Cheers,
Sasha

Thanks Sasha, that fixes my ongoing problem with my Roli controllers and doesn't create any new ones for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Cool gr8 update

I made a track using GR-8 for the main "lead synth/arpeggio" that goes on top of other stuff (EMU Audity, ABL Bassline, Microtonic, Kick)

Here it is: https://autodafemusic.bandcamp.com/track/in-a-few-days

Although I wanted to post to another thread... if I can't delete my post, I can as well say thank you for the update. Will try soon :)

I know this was probably a deliberate limitation, but I'd love for the unison mode to be polyphonic. GR-8's sound would be great for some huge pads...

Also, the LFO's range could use a boost. Even when it's set at a 100 percent it doesn't affect the destination enough.

Given that CPU usage can get high, I'd rather see an option to limit the number of unison voices so you could, for example, select two voices for unison and still have four note polyphony. Or four voices and two note polyphony.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Sure, having freely selectable amounts for unison and polyphony would be great, but why tie one to the other? Why artificially limit stuff like this in the first place? It's very frustrating to me when I come across that kind of thing. Even if your CPU is old, you can still freeze stuff in the worst case. Why not at least be given the option?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”