Congrats

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good going with the plug ins.

Its great to see the shareware community out in force.
I love the fact that through our efforts and people like KVR,Stienberg, Code Devs and Jeff McClintok and many more (hope I spelled that right) that we get to create science and keep pushing this technology forward. I noticed that a lot of users complained that they seen nothing new. Well frankly there is almost nothing new to create. Check your vst folder, duh!

However, the repetition and redunancy always leads to improvements and new discoveries,so suprises will come.

On a more ironic note, after I uploaded my plug in sweetgirl, I basically went on an unexpected blackout, so I could not test nor download anything, and my droid was useless so the chance I did get to vote or promote was randomly done.

VOS has 2 trophies "What the $%$#" :)

"Is this nascar or what"

sunahura wrote:I noticed that a lot of users complained that they seen nothing new. Well frankly there is almost nothing new to create. Check your vst folder, duh!
I did check my VSTPlugins folder. I am pretty sure that nothing in there is like Boids by ToneCarver. Also, I am sure that in my "Meters" subfolder there are nothing there that could do what the Spectrum Analyzer S8 could do and that is to display 8 sounds simultaneously. And I know of limiters but I know not of loudness booster/limiter all-in-one, like the Maxwell Smart one. And some people are just being introduced to creations made in Reaktor, like the Particle of God one. Also, some people are still total newbies and their VSTPlugins are just starting to fill up. I myself am nowhere near the advanced level to appreciate plugins that are built for the pros, but still... newbie votes for sure did not upset the whole voting result, right? Newbies, we are not that many, I presume. :)

harryupbabble wrote: I myself am nowhere near the advanced level to appreciate plugins that are built for the pros.
I just realised that this statement could be taken as an insult and the wrong way. I'm not saying that freeware is inferior to buyware. If it works then it works, free or not. I just presume, wrongly perhaps, that artists who are backed by companies with a lot of cash will use tools that are buyware and ignore freeware. That's what I mean by pros. If the pros deem freeware as inferior then that's their problem. I mean some people, like me, prefer the Sex Pistols to Bach. Oh man, I bet I insulted a whole bunch of people with that one. I don't care. To me, if something does its job, then that's all that matters. Free or not. I'm just a newbie, not a total newbie. Please ignore me. :)

harryupbabble wrote:If the pros deem freeware as inferior then that's their problem.
I'd even say: "If anyone deems..."! Some freeware is inferior, some is superior to buyware. And oftentimes "inferiority" is very subjective. ;-)

I guess the freaky thing with freeware is that folks are used to buy their equipment. Now imagine someone gives you a (hardware) synth for free: Would you blieve it could compete with the commercial ones?
Please ignore me. :)
Nope, although I'd prefer Bachman Turner Overdrive. :hihi:

Cheers Björn

Full Bucket wrote: Some freeware is inferior, some is superior to buyware. And oftentimes "inferiority" is very subjective. ;-)
I agree. Different people, different needs, and different ways to use tools. There are probably people who can make great use of "inferior" freeware.
Full Bucket wrote: Now imagine someone gives you a (hardware) synth for free: Would you blieve it could compete with the commercial ones?
It depends I guess. I don't know about hardware synths but if Tesla gave my great grandfather something, that free something might be superior to anything that Edison sold. Or not.

You heard of BTO? And you are not Canadian? Hahaha. I'm kind of shocked, sort of. :)

I guess comparing Bach to the Sex Pistols might be unfair because for all I know Bach might have been more of a do-it-yourself kind of guy than the Sex Pistols because he was a solo artist. I presume all those guys from that era were.

Anyways, my main point was that to a newbie, pretty much everything is new. You probably won't find any of us complaining about redundancy. Yet. :)

What if the universe stop making these redundant stars with these redundant planets. :-)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”