Archetype Instruments Lokomotiv feedback

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lokomotiv

jwchoi wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
Agreed. Because of this, the presets are not showing up and most likely is the reason why this synth crashes my DAW when I click "Save Preset Changes"...

Could you please run your host as administrator right and try it again?
Sorry that I didn't see this sooner.
I tried running my host, FL Studio 11, as administrator, but it didn't change the crashing when I click "Save Preset Changes". And the presets still do not load. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that Locomotiv is forcing me to save presets on my SD card. I hope in the future, one can choose where to put the presets because I'm convinced that is the problem.
[Insert Signature Here]

Very nice sounds and was fun to test. 10 minutes of testing is too short. Pretty much each and every knob and slider changed the sound a lot. I think I will vote for it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKbPMo_-Gew

bailees7irish wrote:
jwchoi wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
Agreed. Because of this, the presets are not showing up and most likely is the reason why this synth crashes my DAW when I click "Save Preset Changes"...

I tried running my host, FL Studio 11, as administrator, but it didn't change the crashing when I click "Save Preset Changes". And the presets still do not load. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that Locomotiv is forcing me to save presets on my SD card. I hope in the future, one can choose where to put the presets because I'm convinced that is the problem.
Sorry for late reply. I seems to found cause of this problem. the LokomotivFactoryPreset1.lkb must be located in Documents/Archetype Instruments/Lokomotiv . otherwise, plug in will crash when save it.
We will try to fix it on next update as 1st period.

harryupbabble wrote:Very nice sounds and was fun to test. 10 minutes of testing is too short. Pretty much each and every knob and slider changed the sound a lot. I think I will vote for it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKbPMo_-Gew
Thanks a lot for your support! we are really hope to enjoy Lokomotive with your music!

jwchoi wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
jwchoi wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

Sorry for late reply. I seems to found cause of this problem. the LokomotivFactoryPreset1.lkb must be located in Documents/Archetype Instruments/Lokomotiv . otherwise, plug in will crash when save it.
We will try to fix it on next update as 1st period.
Excellent, looking forward to the update! :tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

Hi,

Lokomotiv has been updated to 1.1.3. (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/lokomot ... nstruments)

And new free soundset for Lokomotiv is available. :)
the soundset is provided by Marko Aamunkajo (http://www.aeonlights.com)
and you can download the soundset at here (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/lokomot ... /downloads)

Enjoy! :)

Not responding to program change messages, bug or a feature?

@ARC5: Why sounds mono\dual mono? it's a sin with that wonderful pads... Could You fix this parameter?

Notes still hanging. moving the release slider doesn't change any preset sound, Note off not working for me, still getting a constant sound, the only way to stop the sound is by hitting stop on my DAW. I am using the updated version (1.1.3) and removed all traces of the previous version.

FL Studio 11 / Windows 8.1
:tu: All is good

DonHepe wrote:Not responding to program change messages, bug or a feature?
Hi, It is not supported feature current version. not bug.

Turello wrote:@ARC5: Why sounds mono\dual mono? it's a sin with that wonderful pads... Could You fix this parameter?
Hi, Lokomotiv is mono(not stereo) processing synthesizer since from it is analogue modeling and don't included any effector inside.
You may use another chorus/reverb or ping-pong delay effector plugins to make stereo image. I think bundle plugin effector of your sequencer host should be enough to make it better! (even though i don't know your sequencer).

DrewDale wrote:Notes still hanging. moving the release slider doesn't change any preset sound, Note off not working for me, still getting a constant sound, the only way to stop the sound is by hitting stop on my DAW. I am using the updated version (1.1.3) and removed all traces of the previous version.

FL Studio 11 / Windows 8.1
Hi, the Pattern sequencer of FL studio is don't sending note off message until next note is on.
Therefore, almost of synth plugin(included 3XOSC the basic synth of FLstudio) will make hanging like sound if you don't reduce sustain level.
However, Lokomotiv (and any other synth) will not hanging with piano roll of FL studio V11.1.0
If you still want to use pattern sequencer instead of piano roll, please just reduce Sustain level to 0 .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No matter what part of the envelope I change, just playing the synth makes no difference :( I am not even using the pattern seq. or the piano roll. just trying to play it.

DrewDale wrote:No matter what part of the envelope I change, just playing the synth makes no difference :( I am not even using the pattern seq. or the piano roll. just trying to play it.
It's bit strange ... :?:
seems to you just tried play a note by your master keyboard right?
If so, could you please let me know your detail? which kind(brand) of master keybord? Do you using sustain pedal?

How about on your piano roll with your mouse? does it works?
you may send a mail to support@archetype-instruments.com

Thanks for your advance :)

I play a note on my qwerty keyboard or play a note on my Microkorg / USB > MIDI it is the same no matter what. Piano roll also hangs notes and the envelopes still don't function.

Basically what is happening for me is the Sustain slider is acting like a volume control.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”