Blewm entry talk (no Ted Nugents allowed)

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like it. Like Mr. Leffanta's previous New Blend, there's a lot of sophistamacation under the hood.

I'm guessing what Hidden Goose is talking about is either ToneCarver's Nova3 http://tonecarver.wordpress.com/nova3-g ... encer-vst/or something else based on good ol' Conway's Game of Life like http://www.vstplanet.com/News/2009/LifeCycle%20SE.htm
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

For a future request it would be cool if the bpm was written to the
file when -s- is pressed.

This program is now my favourite "radio station" when I'm on
KVR or surfing the web.

Cheers :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Hi,

thanks a lot to xoxos for having done this marvelous stuff. And I like the way you think, guy.

I didn't understand what "count" is. I hoped it was the lengh of the sample in bars when we press S, but changing it's number doesn't seem to do anything.

Is "h- hold key" supposed to freeze the changes and leave the curent sounds loop until pressed again ?

Will Zégal wrote: I didn't understand what "count" is. I hoped it was the lengh of the sample in bars when we press S, but changing it's number doesn't seem to do anything.
the parameters set probability for events, so they may have no effect until the next generation, or no observable effect until a different probability occurs. count to left = 8. move count to the right increases the probability of counts from 3 to 15 in length.

i could have written that in a pdf, but i wanted to create an explorative experience that could be easily discarded by people who didn't really want to know anyway.
Will Zégal wrote: Is "h- hold key" supposed to freeze the changes and leave the curent sounds loop until pressed again ?
exactly.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I think blewm sounds fantastic.
Unfortunately, when I try to generate a clip by pressing "s", I always get the same little sequence: 1 snare hit, 2 open hat hits, 1 closed hat hit. Regardless of what is playing.
I am using Win XP.

Of course, I can record the output into a sound recorder or another computer using a cable, but just wanted to report this bug I am experiencing.

AlienXXX wrote:I always get the same little sequence
Yeah, it seems you are right. Even when the "vary" is set to 100. And even if you keep pressing the space bar to restart and play, the sequence itself do not change, but the drum tones do change (like it would use a different snare sound).

hi guys,

s is for sample. the samples you get are the samples that you get.

the percussion sounds in the .wav are generated by ifft synthesis. you can sit there all day, save them, cut them up and then sell them to people who don't know any better, if you like.

s does not save anything else because there's nothing else to save. most of the other sounds are also wavetables produced by ifft but people seem less interested in single cycle wavs than percussion samples.

s will never save a wav file of music, or anything else. it gives you samples of the "samples" generated so you have samples.

it's not a bug, although you can call it a bug if you like. you can tell people that it doesn't work at all, and is a broken feature.

you can even say it is a cursed feature, and will never record the audio because of curses from satan, and that anythnig xoxos codes is probably similarly cursed because it doesn't do something you imagine, it does something that it does.

you can even say, if you like, that my creation of blewm to record the percussion samples has damned the entire formation of the universe and blame anything you like on me. that' your prerogative, as it is said.

i don't even mind if you accuse me of inane things or entrap me in a thread where the posts are changed to make me look utterly manic. i'll still tell you without any concern for my public image that attempting to claim something is a bug because it doesn't function in a way you can describe as desirable is almost as much of a facepalm as overreacting to things people post about you.

i have been thinking of making a similar platform for recording the entire audio/song as a wav for non-musicians who need some inane audio to back casual video productions et c., and surely, if i were to do such a thing, it could then be used to cut into pieces for whatever you'd want to do that for.

you probasbly think i'm a bitter and derisible f**k if you've read this far, yet i'm still the best friend you ever had - attempting to record segments of blewm for production is a total facepalm of life. get to your host, use your imagination, you've got one! you can do it!

if you cannot replicate a sequence you hear in blewm with the exported percussion samples and a rudimentary va vst like synth one or my own fine and worthless shite, then you need more practice!now thank me for helping you find direction.

this is so utterly ridiculous that i ought to have to clear up a misconception about sample export and incite people to not try and exploit even very worthless things. i am definately a bad enemy, hate me a lot.

screw the establishment, or, a new feature movie coming to your town soon, "screw, the establishment."
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

So, if I understand you correctly;
Its ok if I record the output of Blewm, chop it into four minute sections, and release groups of them as "albums" a few times a year?
ImageImageImageImage

free will, G

i mean... what's the alternative?

telling people about it? promoting and supporting a paradigm where peoples desires are met freely? encouraging development of a synergetic, cooperative, informed and capable society?

where's the profit in synergetic paradigms?

take it for all you can, make sure to f**k me up so i can't come back and make anything that might give people an alternative, suppress and discard any sentiment of this methodology, provecho! nice fancy house with your very own shitpile in it. this is the nature of Greatness.

Manifest destiny, and f**k you!! ;)
ImageImageImageImage

you only half know what you're saying, and if you believe such a thing can occur, there are facts you are not aware of :)

Well now I only half know what youre saying...
ImageImageImageImage

@xoxos
Don't understand all the bile.
Was my post not polite enough?
You could have simply replied: "it is not a bug, it is a feature. It is only intended to save the percussion sounds."
I would have been quite happy with that.

I am still using Win XP and actually, the answer I expected was to be laughed at and told it requires Win7 or higher.

So I come here and ask why it doesn't do what I expect. OK, maybe I am stupid. Or ungrateful. Or both.
You dislike my questio. Or my attitude. Or both...
But isn't that at least partially self-inflicted? I mean, if you release something with no instructions...
Yeah, there is a list of key commands, and 's' is for 'save'. But save what? The sounds? the sequence? both? A screenshot? The Universe?

Ok. Nevermind. If I want to record the output I can easily use my Zoom H1 recorder. Might even run it through some effects while I am at it.

I am not against you. I just thought it was worth it asking the question.
Peace.

"s" says it's for "sample"

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”