An explanation for my votes

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So the results are in however not yet public in the full ranks. I thought I should explain why I voted the way I did. Feel free to do the same if you want to.

5 points: Blewm

This got my 5 points since it first of all sounds really good, had some really nice sample generation going. The way it created their own melodies where astonishing to say the very least. I simply couldn't believe what I heard coming out of it!

4 points: Flextron DC14

This guitar amp mildly put is way too good. I'm no guitar player, so I can't say whether it would work as a proper guitar amp or not. But for my sessions with Strum this got the rock going good.

3 points: Strum

Karplus string emulators often sounds very plastic and boring. This was not the case here. The sound was really fresh and had a living breathing feeling over it. Maybe not the best plugin, but for being a DC entry, this really well deserves the third place.

2 points: Lokomotiv

A fresh take on synthesis, had some really nice sounds going on, and I'm sure to use it more. It didn't have what it took to make it to the top, but a worthy contender no less!

1 point: Emisary

Another guitar amp that didn't have what was needed to get me to give any higher points. The lack of a proper demo tune is one reason that 4 points went to Flextron. Sounds quite good though.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I don't want to explain my votes here, but in was when I was struggling how to vote and what criteria to use, I decided to base my vote on the likelihood of the plugin being regularly used by me in the future. And as I am a usability nut, also on how easy to use the plugin was, how well the design supports the workflow and if it could read all texts from normal viewing distance on my screen... By that criteria, multiply and flextron were miles ahead in my completely subjective opinion...

thanks for the word bro.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”