GUIDE: How to organize .FXB banks into .FXP individual files or your create your own .FXB banks

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote:Say you have a factory bank loaded, and just want the pads out of it for a brand new bank:
With the new beta, wouldn't you have to save each pad preset out seperately to the computer's drive, then clear out the bank to start with a clean slate, then load them in again, and then save the bank?
No, you can export all presets at once to separate .fxp files. You could for example export all banks in one folder, then have windows sort all pads alphabetically and load them into your bank at once (at the location you desire) with the new multi-preset loading functionality in the beta version.
mauricio andrades wrote:any way to do this on a mac?
You can do this with the new beta version, which is also available for Mac.

Are there any plans to update the way we load and manage presets in Sylenth1? The way it currently handles presets and banks is one of the few things I think needs improvement. Other than that I'm a very satisfied customer :tu:

djcoma1200 wrote:Are there any plans to update the way we load and manage presets in Sylenth1? The way it currently handles presets and banks is one of the few things I think needs improvement. Other than that I'm a very satisfied customer :tu:
Do you have the latest beta version? That was one of the improvements in it.

it would be nice to have a Bank manager that you can open and than you can see and load all available banks and Presets
(Something like the one in Predator)
Cubase ,ISS Synth,HSO,Grand 3,HALion Sonic, MS-20,Polysix,Mono/Poly,LegacyCell,MDE-X,Predator,SubBoomBass,RP-Verb,RP-Delay,Multiband Sidechain,Metrum,VMS: Multiband Compressor,VES1+2,VTS1,VFH3,VEC3,VUF1,FF Bundle,Oxford Inflator,Sylenth1,Z3TA+,Philta XL

+100 on that (well I don't know the one from predator, but would love to have as many banks as I want all available in the preset browser at once.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:+100 on that (well I don't know the one from predator, but would love to have as many banks as I want all available in the preset browser at once.
rsp
well the one in predator is a simple Preset manager button
this brings you to something that is like the back of the predator Unit
with on the left side a list with all banks that are in the Presets folder
and on the right side a list of all presets that are in the selected bank
Cubase ,ISS Synth,HSO,Grand 3,HALion Sonic, MS-20,Polysix,Mono/Poly,LegacyCell,MDE-X,Predator,SubBoomBass,RP-Verb,RP-Delay,Multiband Sidechain,Metrum,VMS: Multiband Compressor,VES1+2,VTS1,VFH3,VEC3,VUF1,FF Bundle,Oxford Inflator,Sylenth1,Z3TA+,Philta XL

Lennard wrote:
Examigan wrote:Say you have a factory bank loaded, and just want the pads out of it for a brand new bank:
With the new beta, wouldn't you have to save each pad preset out seperately to the computer's drive, then clear out the bank to start with a clean slate, then load them in again, and then save the bank?
No, you can export all presets at once to separate .fxp files. You could for example export all banks in one folder, then have windows sort all pads alphabetically and load them into your bank at once (at the location you desire) with the new multi-preset loading functionality in the beta version.
mauricio andrades wrote:any way to do this on a mac?
You can do this with the new beta version, which is also available for Mac.
This is cool! 2 Years later and I just found out this was implemented in the beta...yay..saved me from following my lengthy guide :) I should check this forum more often.

I smell Sylenth2 in a few months 8)

hey guys,

so basically, i'm super OCD when it comes to keeping my software and plugins clean and organized .. i spent a ton of time re-naming all the filenames of my presets so that they are visually appealing and easily readable.. for example:

this is how the filenames were (also how they appeared in the sylenth menu browser):

VANDALISM_LEAd_exaMple 1
vandalism_lead_EXAMPLE 2
Vandalism_Lead_example 3

this is how i renamed all the preset filenames on my computer:

Vandalism_LEAD_Example 1
Vandalism_LEAD_Example 2
Vandalism_LEAD_Example 3

I much prefer how i renamed all the presets, because, i mean.. come on.. look how nice and clean everything is lined up, easy to find, etc..

after going thru all the work to rename all the filenames on my computer, i went back into SYLENTH and clicked on "Load Preset", and imported the 500 renamed presets..

the problem is that the original, unformatted name is still there.. very frustrating.. I know you can individually click thru each preset on SYLENTH and change the name on the SYLENTH GUI, but that would be super redundant when all the file names are already perfect on my computer (not to mention it would be ridiculously tedious to click through each one and rename them all by hand, when i originally used the OSX software "Rename" to get the job done quickly and easily)

is there a way to import the clean, re-formatted presets into SYLENTH so that they all appear in the SYLENTH menu browser as the same format as the filename?

i would be so grateful for any help! much appreciated! thank you!

lip5016 wrote: renamed presets..
the problem is that the original, unformatted name is still there.. very frustrating..
I understand. Still have to rename from the interface.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

Any idea why minihost says "Sylenth1.dll is not a valid VST plugin!"? thought I just had this working a few weeks ago.

Bojackson57 wrote:Any idea why minihost says "Sylenth1.dll is not a valid VST plugin!"? thought I just had this working a few weeks ago.
You're probably trying to load the 64bit version of Sylenth1 in the 32bit minihost.

I had a feeling that was it, thanks mate

Mod & Op wrote:any way to do this on a mac?
Ditto?

In Sylenth1 v3.0:

Just click MENU -> Bank -> Export in Sylenth1 to save a bank in individual preset fxp files. Then load them via MENU -> Preset -> Load, and select all of the presets you want to import into the bank.

Mod & Op wrote:any way to do this on a mac?
Ditto!!!

Mac?

Return to “LennarDigital”