Possible issue with LFO sync SM One

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The LFOs in SM One do not behave as expected.
They run slightly faster than host sync.
They also need to be set at 1/2 the desired rate to be close.

Easy to reproduce.
Project tempo 60 BPM.
Create an 8 measure midi item of one continuous note, say C1.
SM One Init patch, default filter on, cutoff all the way down, LFO 1 to filter cutoff all the way positive.
LFO 1 sawtooth set to SYNC on, 1/8th.
This will give you filter opening all the way at near the 1/4 note repetition.

I also used the same settings on SM 2.9 except the LFO rate was @ 1/4
Here is the start of the 8 measures, SM One the top green one, SM 2.9 the bottom waveform
And here is the end of the 8 measures. The SM One is about an 1/8th note ahead whereas SM 2.9 is consistent.
I tried l triggering modes, poly/mono/global and different shapes, sine and saw down and all exhibit the same behavior of needing to be set at 1/2 desired speed and drift out of time with the host. The same results happen using LFO 2 as well.

SM 2.9, Hive2 demo and a few other synths were tested and they preformed as expected. SM One was only synth that needed to be set @ 1/8th notes to get 1/4th note repeat and it was the only one out of sync. So I do not feel that it is an issue with my system of Reaper 6.0.X Win10x64.
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frostline wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm The LFOs in SM One do not behave as expected.
They run slightly faster than host sync.
They also need to be set at 1/2 the desired rate to be close.

Easy to reproduce.
Project tempo 60 BPM.
Create an 8 measure midi item of one continuous note, say C1.
SM One Init patch, default filter on, cutoff all the way down, LFO 1 to filter cutoff all the way positive.
LFO 1 sawtooth set to SYNC on, 1/8th.
This will give you filter opening all the way at near the 1/4 note repetition.

I also used the same settings on SM 2.9 except the LFO rate was @ 1/4
Here is the start of the 8 measures, SM One the top green one, SM 2.9 the bottom waveform
And here is the end of the 8 measures. The SM One is about an 1/8th note ahead whereas SM 2.9 is consistent.
I tried l triggering modes, poly/mono/global and different shapes, sine and saw down and all exhibit the same behavior of needing to be set at 1/2 desired speed and drift out of time with the host. The same results happen using LFO 2 as well.

SM 2.9, Hive2 demo and a few other synths were tested and they preformed as expected. SM One was only synth that needed to be set @ 1/8th notes to get 1/4th note repeat and it was the only one out of sync. So I do not feel that it is an issue with my system of Reaper 6.0.X Win10x64.
Hi Frodstline,

Does your LFO speed adjust to full? I think issue is coming from there. Could you adjust LFO switch full and try again?

All the best.

Return to “KV331 Audio”