From an Idea to a complete song

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's not that minimal content is dumb per se, but come on. Such a revealing insight: That's right! There's nothing much there.

The other thread where I'm supposedly mean - for an honest and real assessment of the lay of the land - look. If the person is one that has any desire to get musical, there's good help there. They aren't. It wasn't unfair and it sure wasn't personal (which I was clear about) let alone a personal attack. Is it really so far beyond you, ghetto, to find the clear distinction between saying 'what you need to do before you believe you're "creating music" is get something underneath you from reality' and coming into a thread just to say some shit to a person? For an honest response? Jesus F Christ. The two or three people who were SO BLUNT about the same LACK weren't under scrutiny.

You're the singularly most intellectually dishonest person I have yet to encounter. You think you're tricky, is what gets me. You're f**king not, you're sheer as can be.

And knock yourself out. Note well: I only ever see your garbage in quotes for some time now. I'm not in the least curious. I didn't see your last, it doesn't matter. The point is that the quote I found is plumb hilarious. In the context of me being "mean" and dismissive the truth is said as though in recognition of reality; by the person acting like everybody that can't be arsed to DIY has to be coddled like an infant. Your discourse is a sick joke.

wagtunes wrote: The genre doesn't matter. The parts don't matter. Song structure is song structure. Get to know the "standard" structure of the genre you want to write for and write that structure.

You obviously demonstrated by your 2nd quote that you understand song structure. So I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. In fact, I have no freaking clue what your problem is.
He doesn't know where to find a discussion of the song structure for the genres that he's interested in. That's what he's asking for.

He was asking about various electronic styles including ambient and downtempo. Both of those probably need more clarification. Based on another members' post I would suggest ambientonline.com for discussion of ambient, their techniques forum seems quite helpful.

I do a lot of ambient but I couldn't really offer anything in terms of "song structure" because I just don't think in those terms very often.

seriously?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Music Theory”