How to get rid of keyboard shortcuts permanently?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
herodotus
KVRAF
5613 posts since 8 Dec, 2004 from The Twin Cities

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi, this question concerns T1.6

Setting up my controller is kind of a pain (space limitations) and so I sometimes use Trollo to write melodies and audition patches. It works fine, and there are no problems, except that I can't turn off T's keyboard shortcuts, with predictably annoying results.

I have gone into settings and removed them, but I can't figure out how to save these settings.

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks in advance.

Lunch Money
KVRAF
12977 posts since 29 Sep, 2003 from Ottawa, Canada

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:29 pm

Use a different 'MIDI keyboard' for the task. For example, MKey (dunno if it's still available!) is a MIDI entry device when the shift-lock button is depressed.

Other virtual devices will steal the keyboard's focus, meaning that the keystrokes aren't passed along to Tracktion.

I honestly think the benefits of exploring options far outweight the theoretical benefit of turning off T's shortcuts. I'd rather program MIDI with a mouse than be rid of T's shortcuts, which are part of what makes the program so fast and powerful.

If you ever go to T2, you could just delete every shortcut assigned, but I guess that doesn't help you, unfortunately.

So, basically-- I think that an input device other than Trollo is the way to go.

On the other hand, I'm quite positive other Tracktioneers since 1.6 have been using Trollo successfully... maybe a setting in Trollo itself that you've overlooked?

Heck I think *I* used Trollo successfully before I discovered Mkey.

Greg

dealwithit
KVRist
230 posts since 25 Nov, 2004

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Honestly, use MKey. I've used Trollo and it just doesn't compare in T (although it's nice in Cubase), and you can preserve your shortcuts in T.

Get it here: http://www.adbe.org/freebies/plugins/mkey.html

ModuLR
KVRAF
1974 posts since 21 Jun, 2002 from Earth

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:05 pm

Definately grab MKey! it is the best virtual keyboard tool out there! Currently I have a keymap which mimics Live (a single octave basically across the keys).. plus the bonus of having the number keys mapped to notes as well for for easy drum programming. It's so configurable... truely great.
ModuLR / Radio

AD80
KVRAF
3745 posts since 29 Sep, 2002 from Killafornia

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:14 pm

Its ok I guess.

ModuLR
KVRAF
1974 posts since 21 Jun, 2002 from Earth

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:17 pm

ugh... http://www.lasi.org/MidiKeyHook.zip

stumbled on this in the eXT forum... and man it's a pretty schweeet virtual keyboard too. Sits in the tray, and outputs directly to your loopback device (midiyoke, or marble sound)... so no need to load a plugin (I put it in my start folder). I wish it had MKey's keyboard configurability... but I'm really digging this new one alot! :D
ModuLR / Radio

Return to “Tracktion”