I need help with Cubase and Midi volume/panning

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i'm very new to using vst and midi. I am using cubase LE since it came with the Lexicon Omega and I can play imported midis and it works well but I can't seem to control the volume at all. If I turn the volume all of the way down, it doesn't change, and if I turn it all the way up, it doesn't change. I'm not sure what I have to do. The same thing applies with panning. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer but I'm surprised that no one else has offered any advice (especially as this is your first post!).
Maybe this part of the forum isn't visted as much as the others.
Here's my tip - Post a new thread on the Effects section entitled 'I've found a new use for One Ping Only' then write in the thread, 'To get Attention!'. Explain that you're new to the forum and have already posted a question but you're worried that no one has seen it.
I'm sure someone will give you some help... You may encounter some strange comments as well. If anyone gives you any hassle then tell them it was all my idea.
Good luck!

In Cubase 2.2, I adjust the levels/panning of each vsti and its corresponding midi track in the mixer.

you cant control volume through a midi track in the mixer, its just data telling the vsti what to play

turn your volume/panning thru the vsti in the mixer

thids guy has a point (kingfreddy) - some of my midi tracks faders work fine, where as others dont seem to adjust the sound at all.... this is something ive noticed very recently as ive just introduced a behringer bcf2000 into my equipment zoo and my first 3 tracks cant be adjusted (2xDr008 and a bass synth) with the desk, unless I move much much further along the mixer and use the other tracks that correspond to my vsti's (they look more like audio tracks on the mixer) - its most annoying as I have to search through the desk banks to mix my first few tracks - and I cant adjust them all at the same time... ie i have to go flicking for EACH track... hmmmmmmm

Gray

Return to “Production Techniques”