Space Boy problems in FLStudio

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just bought Space Boy expecting great things, but it's completely thrown the timing out on any track with Space Boy as an insert, whether using live playback or rendering the track. I'm using FLStudio 5.

FLStudio doesn't have Plugin delay compensation (PDC). Therefore you need to add a fixed delay to every track that doesn't include Space Boy. The amount of delay you need to add (in ms) is displayed on the About page.

Cheers, thanks. :)

Okay, the project is at 48KHz, Spaceboy is reporting 85.33ms. I'm using Voxengo Latency Delay (VLD) set at 4096 samples. Some mixer channels have a Tx & Rx instance of Spaceboy, so I don't use the VLD plug. Some channels have just an Rx or Tx, so I use just one instance of VLD. Some have none, so I use two instances of VLD.
But still the timing is f*cked! What am I doing wrong?

deaneager wrote:Okay, the project is at 48KHz, Spaceboy is reporting 85.33ms. I'm using Voxengo Latency Delay (VLD) set at 4096 samples. Some mixer channels have a Tx & Rx instance of Spaceboy, so I don't use the VLD plug. Some channels have just an Rx or Tx, so I use just one instance of VLD. Some have none, so I use two instances of VLD.
But still the timing is f*cked! What am I doing wrong?
From the Voxengo Site
Latency Delay introduces 10000 samples latency itself and delays the audio signal by [10000 minus specified sample value] samples.
That's not what you want.

Try using the Voxengo Sample Delay plug-in instead.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/sampledelay/

Put it on each track that doesn't have a Space Boy, set it to 4096 and I expect this to work.

deaneager, i dont have Space Boy, but i have alot of other stuff with latency...including hardware gear.
This is how you can get it to work without problems:
* make 1 track(i use 64, then rename it to PDC) with Voxengo Latency Delay, and set the latency correct in VLD
* route every track you use (edit: but not the track with the latency) to output "PDC" (track 64)

...this way you use only 1 insance of the plugin VLD

this approuch works flawless even with several plugins using different latency on various tracks... i've just use a Dashboard to calculate everything in time for me.
PDC in FLS v5 is fully possible, even with send channels.. just have to use some mathematics and routing.. and controll it from a dashboard

But FLStudio v6 is just a few days away, and it have integrated PDC (manually), so just chill and use it there instead! no need to hussle around now.

good luck ;)

- TRN
Last edited by TRN76 on Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRN76. Thanks for the input. There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Yay! It worked. I had a troublesome mix that Spaceboy has magically sorted out.
Thanks for the tip TRN76, I set up 2 channels: one with 4096 delay, through which I routed everything with one instance of Spaceboy; another channel with 8192 delay and sent through everything with no Spaceboy. Amazing!!!

you only need one channel with VLD... just send every channel through there, but not the channel using Spaceboy.
now just adjust VLD so there are no delay (4096?)..
...voila.. only 1 insance of VLD (it uses come CPU), and perfect sync ;)

- TRN

Yeah, but one channel uses 2 instances of Spaceboy equalling 8096 samples (which I just route to the Master).

there you go.. np then :D

Return to “Elevayta”