Zebra2 for Intel Macs

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

here's the first preview of Z2 for Intel Macs 8)

http://www.u-he.com/Z2_AU_MacTel_270306.zip

It's currently AU only. And it's not a Universal Binary. It'll only run on Intel Macs :!:

Any problems? - Crash.logs to urs [at] u-he [dot] com

Cheers,

;) Urs
Last edited by Urs on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

how can i run this preview?

will zebra 2 run smoothly within ableton live?

how much time until official release?

i'm working out budget with planned purchases at the momment.

Digi V wrote:how can i run this preview?
Download, extract and put in your Components folder. This is a test version for Intel Macs only. For presets and stuff, grab the official preview version over at zebrasynth.com
Digi V wrote:will zebra 2 run smoothly within ableton live?
You'll need the latest beta of Live to run on an Intel Mac. Z2 is supposed to run smoothly in Live or my friends at Ableton would've called already.
Digi V wrote:how much time until official release?
Weeks, not months.

;) Urs

ok well ableton live is out now for intel.

i need synths!! how much longer mr zebra?

Digi V wrote:ok well ableton live is out now for intel.

i need synths!! how much longer mr zebra?
It already works, doesn't it? 8)

Well, I see no need to hurry. Z2 is already used successfully in productions, it's stable and all that's missing are a few little things. I mean, it's pretty hard to see that it isn't a finished software already. Thus I'm taking all the time it needs to make it as perfect as possible.

Btw. customers can ask for the latest fully tested beta at any time, including versions for Intel Macs (AU only currently, VST will take another 2 weeks or so).

Cheers,

;) Urs

Just wanna say; wonderful work! I love the Z2! I've just gotten my MBP 2.0 and i'm running your beta with no hassle so far.

Naturally I wanna buy your product, and I suspect I'll start working right away with it, what would be your suggestion, should I buy the Z1 now or wait for the full version of Z2? Will I be fully compatible in terms of presets etc. coming from the beta?

Best Regards,

Erik
Do You Remember Yourself?

Erik,

I wouldn't bother with Z1 unless you really like its patches. Z1 will go MacTel, but I don't know when.

Z2 presets made with the preview will also work in the final.

One thing to know: The Intel Mac beta has harder attacks than the original preview. This will be an option in the final version.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Thank You Urs, I appreciate your quick answer!

All The Best,

Erik
Do You Remember Yourself?

heh... I'm so impatient...

what about the universal binary version of Filterscape????

;-)

kenn michael wrote:heh... I'm so impatient...

what about the universal binary version of Filterscape????
You know, last year they told us 06.06.06 would be the day to expect Intel Macs. So that's my date to start on this even though they came up with stuff half a year early :P

Later,

;) Urs

booooooooo!!!!

.... no, just kidding! :-)

Urs wrote:I wouldn't bother with Z1 unless you really like its patches.
OK, let me ask a dumb question- will the Z1 patches work in Z2? :?:

marzzz wrote:
Urs wrote:I wouldn't bother with Z1 unless you really like its patches.
OK, let me ask a dumb question- will the Z1 patches work in Z2? :?:
Nope.

I always wanted to start writing a conversion utility, but even if I had the time, it's close to impossible to get them over 1:1. Even if it was possible to convert the structure and everything, you'd have to manually try to get the same sound. Z2's oscillators simply have a different timbre and many many modules sound/work completely different.

That's why Z1 and Z2 appear like different plugins to the host software so that you can still open old projects with Z1.5...

Cheers,

;) Urs

OK, and that would also explain the strange preset behavior I was experiencing with Z2- I was trying to use some of my favorite 1.5 patches, and it was really screwing things up (couldn't select presets, no sound, etc). So of course, once I removed the 1.5 presets from Z2 everything worked fine again.....now don't forget to put the PolyAT response back into the final version!

marzzz wrote:now don't forget to put the PolyAT response back into the final version!
That's fixed. (As far as my not-so-good-condition-anymore Ensoniq keyboard suggests)

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”