my second circuit bend ...

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Right on!
The armchair is more than the sum of the bastards

vurt wrote:
pHz wrote:
vurt wrote:can we have a circuit bending forum?
although there are a few others around on the net it WOULD be cool ... not sure whether ben would think it would be TOO far outside the remit of KVR though ???
slainte :ud: rob
hmmm, whats it got to do with him?
you could always ask ... i guess it would have at least 4 regular visitors ...
vurt wrote:btw kieran said "ooh i guess hes been studying a bit then eh? i mean he couldnt even get a sound out of a speak n spell when he was here"
he then started laughing so i left him alone then...

slainte :lol: rob

I don't futz with electronics but I'm going to donate whatever I find to _oswald.

Is it ok to sample your sounds in songs, pHz?

Oh, by the way - the giant foam Hulk gloves I found had the noise-making parts of them stripped out so I guess I can't donate them to the cause after all :(

runagate wrote:Is it ok to sample your sounds in songs, pHz?
of course mate ...

... but ... link or STFU ...

slainte ;) rob

Of course, of course

:hail:

You may want to consider listing stuff you and _os are looking to bend up as people (incuding me) might already have it squirreled away in our weird junk collections. I don't throw out anything that makes sound ;)

runagate wrote:Of course, of course
:hail:
You may want to consider listing stuff you and _os are looking to bend up as people (incuding me) might already have it squirreled away in our weird junk collections. I don't throw out anything that makes sound ;)
cool offer (which ive quoted in the new 'central' bending thread if thats OK ??? ) ...

... im only just getting started in all this but im not targetting any specific gears TBH ... if it makes noise and seems to use electronics to do so it MUST be fair game ...

... for the first time in years im feeling the need to hit a car boot sale or two ...

slainte :hyper: rob

pHz wrote: ... im only just getting started in all this but im not targetting any specific gears TBH ... if it makes noise and seems to use electronics to do so it MUST be fair game ...
I'm barely started. I have no idea what I'm doing and I f**k shit up.

For instance, I'm trying to learn how to measure current through a kids keyboard and have no idea how to properly set my multimeter. I figure I want to put a potentiometer of the correct value between the battery and the unit so I can drain it of battery and to do that, I need to know what the voltage and current are so I can figure the resistance.

No idea what I'm doing tho. I think it's like .6 amps. Or 6. :shock:
I've recorded over 400 answering machines - the Best Of recordings are available for use and can be found here:
https://answerphone.tumblr.com/

I'm pretty sure that boot in the UK is what we call a trunk in the US... the rear storage of a car?

Weird, I've never seen anyone sell something from their "boot" before. We have yard sales, a great place for musicians to find stuff. My guitarist got a effectron and effectron II for 30$ each at 2 different sales on the same weekend. Can you circuit-bend fx boxes?

runagate wrote:I'm pretty sure that boot in the UK is what we call a trunk in the US... the rear storage of a car?

Weird, I've never seen anyone sell something from their "boot" before. We have yard sales, a great place for musicians to find stuff. My guitarist got a effectron and effectron II for 30$ each at 2 different sales on the same weekend. Can you circuit-bend fx boxes?

kinda like a swap meet but held on wasteground/carparks so people drive up open the boot(yep trunk) and sell junk from a decorating table.
much tatt and many bargains to be had...
also great places for knock off beer and cigs :D

never eat the burgers from the burger van though :o

and yes fx boxes can in most cases be bent.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”