reggae bubbles

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it is actually called bubble here in jamtown..
yes it is an organ shuffle. I dont' think it has been done on an organ in quite a few decades here in ja :-), mostly korg m1's tritons etc..usually it is done with both hands...the left hand on a very low octave to the point you can't really pick up notes what are being played just the riddim and the right hand an eight note late..
so the left hand is on the beat an the right hand chord an eight note later.
that is the basic riddim.
rsp
sound sculptist

For that reggae organ bubble sound (that's the term I always use), I like to use ORGANized trio, which is available here for free:

http://www.soundfonts.it/
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Drawbars at 888000300 or so to start with. Percussion on, play so as to retrigger the perc. Slow rotor, and you sort of time it so the accent of your groove tends to be when the treble horn is pointed where you want it -- you're playing the horn as part of the instrument. Get Al Goff to setup your tone generator for maximum click, and the amp in your leslie for the right amount of overdrive gain. If you *don't* let Al Goff setup your organ, and he passes away, God Forbid, you will wish you had for the rest of your life. :harp:

Best reply ever.

I've just been doing it with the NordElectro through a guitar amp (for a not-so-conservative dub sound), but the settings I've been using are surprisingly similar, even though with me it's just been trial and error...

Return to “Instruments”