What did Prodigy use to make The Fat of The Land?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bluedad wrote:
So much FotL hate, wow. I'd say it was their best album, followed by Jilted, and AONO close behind.
I think you're reading it wrong. Most think 'Fat of the Land' is classic
it's the latest one that's pretty much a let-down.
100% agree

kmonkey wrote:
bluedad wrote:
So much FotL hate, wow. I'd say it was their best album, followed by Jilted, and AONO close behind.
I think you're reading it wrong. Most think 'Fat of the Land' is classic
it's the latest one that's pretty much a let-down.
100% agree

Disagree personally. I think FOTL was lazy and dire and the last one was genius for the most part. I'm not down with that sound all the way through i think it's a bit commercial but you have to love the tightness of the production wherever you're coming from.

jivamukti wrote:
Lovesign wrote:Liam also used the Korg Prophecy a heck of alot on Fat Of The Land. It's all over it.
In an old (I'm 95 % sure it was a pre-Fat of the Land) CM or FM is an interview in which they discuss his gear & methods and in it he says Korg Prophecy is a piece of sh*t which he rarely or never uses.
True, I read that too, but explain the Prophecy presets used on Smack My Bitch Up [B52: 303Growler RBN] and Breathe [B00: Space Adventure], plus some others I can't recall right now.

I think Liam just likes to say he hates something because it throws the hero worshippers off his scent ;) At the end of the day, who cares what he uses to make anything ? Why do we all have to be sheep and try and copy others, believeing that if we get the same kit as them, we might get the same talent too ?

Just my £0.02 ;)

Lovesign wrote:True, I read that too, but explain the Prophecy presets used on Smack My Bitch Up [B52: 303Growler RBN] Just my £0.02 ;)
ummm, i know that preset (i used to think the exact same thing when i first scrolled through the prophecy presets) but that sound could be a lot of things.

Also, i know that the prophecy was already out on the market before FOTL (1998)so it is possible...

but in a lot of cases, sound designers model the presets after patches that are used in popular tunes so it can be hard to tell sometimes what came first. also, there's a similar sounding patch on the z1...

music for the gilted generation is my favorite prodigy album....
it was an industrial electronic techno style album. I love all tracks on that album.

Fat of the land still was a very good album, but already a slightly other style than "music for the....".
more aggressive and too much vocals for my personal taste.
still some decent electronic beats...

in my opinion the last album is more or less crap... of course you still hear the prodigy elements, but it sounds crappy compared to the earlier albums.

But I'm still a big prodigy fan...

Jilted was my favorite album too, but I wouldnt nearly call the latest album crap. Didnt like it at first, but I'd prefer it over another album of stuff they had already done. Girls, Hotride, Wake up Call, ROCK, IMO. I dont know of any artist(s) other than maybe Aphex Twin that have ranged voer such different music over their careers.

But yea, Jilted was what really got me into electronic music. The secret track "Fly Away" is probably in my top ten tracks of all time.

I found he latest one to be one of their most repeatitive albums. At least when everything was so repeatitive in the Experience days, the beats were a lot me bangin and the tunes were great...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”