Sure, bump.

KVRAF
4669 posts since 26 Sep, 2005 from U.A.E

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 am

shure bump?

KVRist
484 posts since 12 Nov, 2002 from Texas

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:36 am

bump, any kind of Dev challenge would be sweet though!

KVRAF
12245 posts since 18 Aug, 2003

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:41 am

laputa_sync wrote:shure bump?
Shore, bump.

I like the idea of dev competition for samplers only, but I'm guessing it is way too soon since the last one to get anything started.

KVRian
938 posts since 16 Nov, 2006 from Amsterdam

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:42 am

What do you expect from a this new slicer? In addition to Dicer/MicroDicer, Devine Machine, the eXT slicer, LiveSlice, the Kontakt slicer, etc? And of course the built-in ones in the big hosts?
<put your signature here>

KVRAF
12839 posts since 14 Nov, 2000 from Hannover / Germany

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:51 am

Xnah wrote:What do you expect from a this new slicer? In addition to Dicer/MicroDicer, Devine Machine, the eXT slicer, LiveSlice, the Kontakt slicer, etc? And of course the built-in ones in the big hosts?
A lot.
Integration of a sampling engine.
Instant replacement of slices with material of your own, even multisamples.
Instant reordering of slices.
A slicing algorhythm as good as ReCycle's.
A large slicing window a la ReCycle.
Slice and loop point modulation by whatever controller, envelope, LFO you wish.
Instant drag and drop of slices straight from the interface to other (drum) samplers or your host, such as possible with Phatmatik.
Host tempo *and* host sync preview of REX (and probably Acid and Apple Loop) files and the internal format's files.

And probably a lot more, but I'll leave that to the developers' imagination ;)
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

KVRian
1285 posts since 2 Jun, 2003

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:56 am

I'm in favor of this idea too. You never know what new features might arise as the devs around here put their brains to it.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 678 reviews each day!

KVRist
56 posts since 11 Dec, 2005

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:04 am

so basically you want a cross between the various reaktor slicer ensembles and liveSlice ?

KVRian
938 posts since 16 Nov, 2006 from Amsterdam

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:13 am

pilot7 wrote:so basically you want a cross between the various reaktor slicer ensembles and liveSlice ?
or just BeatCreator as a VST ;).
<put your signature here>

KVRAF

Topic Starter

1973 posts since 18 Apr, 2004

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:29 pm

you could look at it like that, but a sample slicer that feels like an instrument hasn't been done yet, AMG one, Guru, and LiveSlice are all incredible but if you made a slicer that has what they all have and what they all miss you'd kill it... it being whatever it is.
personaly I wouldn't even think of it as a sampler, cause for some reason when people start calling something a sampler they start leaving out stuff that no sampler should be without- I'd just call it a slicer, make the dopest slicer you can imagine yourself making and cram it with features like a can of sardines, make it stable, and let it go, a sampler/slicer is different than most synths its not after a certain character and doesn't suffer from the ego that synths do, it just has to be a swiss army knife on crack and let the user decide how to mold it with said users personality
synths are always like hey look at me, this is where i'm from and this is what i'm into, a slicer wants to be into everything and anything it can get is grubby hands on, mutate, mangle and slice it up.

KVRAF
5620 posts since 8 Dec, 2004 from The Twin Cities

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Sascha Franck wrote: A slicing algorhythm as good as ReCycle's.
A large slicing window a la ReCycle.
If ReCycle

1. Had a better wave editor (Down-to-the-sample waveform viewing, click and drag selection, etc).

2. Was integrated with Dr Rex

3. Was a plugin.

It would the coolest and perhaps best selling thing since....ReCycle.

3*s
KVRian
1243 posts since 24 Oct, 2003 from Maine

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:50 pm

:lol:

Translation: How about a whatever freebie utility I happen to need atm contest?
♫♪♫♫♪♫

KVRAF
6121 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:10 pm

Xnah wrote:What do you expect from a this new slicer? In addition to Dicer/MicroDicer, Devine Machine, the eXT slicer, LiveSlice, the Kontakt slicer, etc? And of course the built-in ones in the big hosts?
well, if you count them all together, it's all there (or at least a lot), but it has to be one plugin ...
sofar bitshifts phatmatik pro is closest, still it has so much left what could be added which others got, so here's my list:
  • 01. drag'n drop one/multiple slice/s straight to the drive.
    02. drag'n drop a slice directly to the audio track of your host sequencer.
    03. drag'n drop a loop.wav directly into the slicer plugin from the drive (desktop f.e.).
    04. drag'n drop a loop.wav directly into the slicer plugin from an audiotrack of your host sequencer.
    05. seperate slice endpoint adjusting (without affecting the nexts slices starpoint).
    06. drag'n drop midi information not only to a miditrack, but straight to the drive as a conventional midifile (i.e. desktop).
    07. rendering indifidual slices with envelopes (amp, filter?)and fx (if it has any), selectable.
    08. mute slices.
    09. reordering slices.
    10. rendering the whole sliced and fully edited loop (drag'n drop/to disk, i.e. desktop?).
    11. rex support (load+save).
    12. acidloop support (load+save).
    13. apple loop support (load+save).
    14. timestretch/shrink and pitch of individual slices (stretch synced to host?).
    15. multilane slicing, so that one can build his loop from different loops.
    16. multi out's (adjustable).
    17. low cpu usage
if that all would be in one vsti, i'd buy it right away.
and yes, +100 for a dev. callenge on kvr.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”