Moving pads/ambient textures (sound example inside)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I had posted this at another forum and figured it would be great for here. I've lately been building morphing pads and atmospheric/ambient (alot of times machine like and darker in nature) textures. I've been taking sound bits from various software (soon to be hardware also) synths and recording 1 shots in sound forge where I then might do impulse response processing and loop setting. I'll then send it over to my akai s5000 and further mangle/filter/envelope the sound. One sound by itself can be interesting enough, but then I'll go and create multi which will combind sometimes up to 10 programs (not limited by the machine just practicallity) and get a pretty good sound going on. I can assign each pad/ambient program to a different midi channel and trigger it from a sequencer so that you can further enhance the feel of a moving texture ambient texture or pad.

Check out a soundbite and let me know your feedback!

http://www.tonystonebeats.com/s5000pad.mp3

Pretty interesting dude!

Whats the feedback like at this other forum?
Whats the gear here? :wink:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

thanks man! its at productionforums.com. i was sort of catching the tail end of a 3 page discussion on moving pads and such and felt inspired to share it here too! as far as the gear, are you asking what sounds i used?

yeah would be cool to hear what it sounded like without any of the processing.

ps sounds pretty nice btw :)

ah! I'll probably have to come up w/ a new pad sound so that I can get the source sounds and let you guys hear them seperately (I cleared out my sampler's memory and cant remember which of the 46 programs on the zip that I used to make the above example).

Thanks much for the compliment!

Dude if your are creating such interesting sounds, you should write down the settings you're using, the sound sources - everything. Know what I mean!
There could be profit in this
There could be joint ventures, business or art!

I like what you're doing but don't destroy the art as soon as its created, ie: save the methods of obtaining those pads/or whatever!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

:) you bet. I'll be sure not to lose the next example I come up with. Thanks for the encouragement!

Return to “Sound Design”