New Drum Machine: Cubix (Freeware)

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, sorry I couldnt be of more help, the demo of Cubase I had was probably way outdated. I would imagine that Cubix would be very compatible with Cubase, it might just work differently with different plugins. You might have better luck posting your problem in the 'Instruments' or 'Hosts' section of the forums. Hope you get it sorted!

man i feel like a fool, but im new at this vst thing but jack, im running acid pro 5.0 with your drum machine...i cant seem to get any sounds to play, i got a feelin im missing something and i was wonderin if you could fill me in...thanks man
i got a midi keyboard too

redikuluz wrote:man i feel like a fool, but im new at this vst thing but jack, im running acid pro 5.0 with your drum machine...i cant seem to get any sounds to play, i got a feelin im missing something and i was wonderin if you could fill me in...thanks man
i got a midi keyboard too
When you first load Cubix, it defaults to follow your host play button, for example when you press play in acid or other host, cubix will start up. This is because the orange 'host' button in the upper left corner of Cubix is active. When this button is switched off, Cubix can respond to it's own play button, located just to the right of the 'host' button.

Now once you get Cubix running either way, the quickest way to get sound is to select one of the various preset beats, or create one from scratch with the initial 'blank' preset. It's best to check out the other presets first to give you a good idea of whats going on first.

Hope this helps :)

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

thanks for your help man i got sound now...my only question left is...is there a way to record your own drums in from a midi keyboard?

redikuluz wrote:thanks for your help man i got sound now...my only question left is...is there a way to record your own drums in from a midi keyboard?
You can trigger the sequencers with the midi keyboard, look in the bottom left corner of each sequencer for options. But there's no option for triggering individual drums. Cerebrum can do this, but Cubix is mainly a dedicated groovebox and tries to keep things simple. If you want individual drums that sound similar, check out Optik. It works great alongside Cubix.

thats cool i had fun playin with that. is there anything out there as far as drum synths go where you can choose your own sounds?

redikuluz wrote:thats cool i had fun playin with that. is there anything out there as far as drum synths go where you can choose your own sounds?
You mean loading your own samples?
If so, Cubix can do this too, look on the right side of each drum module right above the sequencer you'll see a 'wavlayer', this let's you choose one of your own wavfiles to load into cubix as a layered sound for each drum. Right above the 'wavlayer' section you'll see two level controls, one for 'synth'(the internal drum), one for 'sample(the wavfile you load up), you can then mix between the two.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”