Signal Analyzer - REAPER

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need some help getting SIGNAL ANALYZER working in REAPER. I can get it to work in everything else except REAPER.

I setup a "New Track" - I hit record - the metering in REAPER indicates there is sound, although SIGNAL ANALYZER sits there dead.

BTW: Apart from that problem. You have made a very good app and I'm most appreciative of it. We have been using it FM synthesis analysis of waveforms.
Would be nice to have a choice of skins and be able to maybe remove the gridlines.
Mr B.

D
amn !
Found my own screwup.... dont worry about this. I had muted the track every time I was starting. Works perfectly now.
Mr B.

CUNKA wrote:D
amn !
Found my own screwup.... dont worry about this. I had muted the track every time I was starting. Works perfectly now.
O.K. then. nevermind.
CUNKA wrote: in REAPER indicates there is sound, although SIGNAL ANALYZER sits there dead.

BTW: Apart from that problem. You have made a very good app and I'm most appreciative of it. We have been using it FM synthesis analysis of waveforms.
Would be nice to have a choice of skins and be able to maybe remove the gridlines.
skins...well i am considering to introduce colour-schemes someday. grid lines: O.K. noted on the list...hey - when we are at this: i think a more sophisticated grid setup could be beneficial - for example with an option to place grid lines at the musical note frequencies.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:for example with an option to place grid lines at the musical note frequencies.
YES and display the note name

Architeuthis wrote:
Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:for example with an option to place grid lines at the musical note frequencies.
YES and display the note name
you mean in the popup field next to the mouse coursor? good idea.

You will find our use of Signal Analyzer here... not much to look at I guess, but will give you an idea of how helpful your application is.

http://www.cunka.com/forum/index.php?topic=99.0

One problem i did have that can be worked around in your application, is the noise floor from my system... i had to adjust the graphs so that I only see what was actually triggered. Not a big one, but it was handy to raise above the graph over the noise floor and only see what was required.

What is the blue lines that I occasionally get flicker in the graphs?
Mr B.

CUNKA wrote:You will find our use of Signal Analyzer here... not much to look at I guess, but will give you an idea of how helpful your application is.

http://www.cunka.com/forum/index.php?topic=99.0
oh yes thanks. i always like to see, how my stuff is used. i see two pictures from the analyzer in this thread with slightly differing pixel-sizes. so i'd conclude, you took screenshots and cutted them manually? if so, try freeze -> right-click on the display -> export image instead.
One problem i did have that can be worked around in your application, is the noise floor from my system... i had to adjust the graphs so that I only see what was actually triggered. Not a big one, but it was handy to raise above the graph over the noise floor and only see what was required.
not sure if i get that. are you talking about a global gain? you can zoom into the display with the widgets in its bottom right corner and also scroll vertically when you are (vertically) zoomed in - doesn't that come close?
What is the blue lines that I occasionally get flicker in the graphs?
mmhh...maybe some issues with the updating of the GUI. how does it look like?

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote: oh yes thanks. i always like to see, how my stuff is used. i see two pictures from the analyzer in this thread with slightly differing pixel-sizes. so i'd conclude, you took screenshots and cutted them manually? if so, try freeze -> right-click on the display -> export image instead.
Thanks for that Robin - makes it even better.
not sure if i get that. are you talking about a global gain? you can zoom into the display with the widgets in its bottom right corner and also scroll vertically when you are (vertically) zoomed in - doesn't that come close?
Actually, I worded my problem all wrong... saying it was a problem when it wasn't a problem. Was thinking out loud. Sorry about that.

I did use the zooming to step over the noise floor and capture what I needed.
mmhh...maybe some issues with the updating of the GUI. how does it look like?
Actually, I see the same blue lines behind the green ones on the screenshots of your website. I see this flicker (only every now and again for a fraction of a second)... its like a ghosting effect. Its not a big problem as I see it.

The reason i asked I for been able to remove the grid lines was for exporting the pictures. Just so i could touch them up in a graphics program.

:lol:
Mr B.

CUNKA wrote: Actually, I see the same blue lines behind the green ones on the screenshots of your website. I see this flicker (only every now and again for a fraction of a second)... its like a ghosting effect. Its not a big problem as I see it.
ahh yes - blue is the left channel, green the right. i think, when the input is mono and the GUI update is not fast enough, then you see the blue line already with the recent data and the green still with the data from the previous frame which makes for a slightly imperfect overlap....or something. in my screenshot these are not actually ghost-lines since the input was indeed a stereo signal (IIRC).
The reason i asked I for been able to remove the grid lines was for exporting the pictures. Just so i could touch them up in a graphics program.
so you wanted it to be better prepared to get trimmed with the magic lasso? (or whatever this selection tool is named). O.K. then we sorted this out. btw: your exported plot can also have another pixel-resolution than the GUI display, if you want so.

I've uploaded a small (190kb) AVI of the "blue channel" flickering.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OAX0YR5M

Now - this happens when nothing is playing.(Also happens while I'm playing).

Hope this helps.
Mr B.

CUNKA wrote:I've uploaded a small (190kb) AVI of the "blue channel" flickering.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OAX0YR5M

Now - this happens when nothing is playing.(Also happens while I'm playing).

Hope this helps.
thanks. i've never seen that on my machine. maybe it's some remnant in some buffer. baffling. especially the 'bandpass'-nature of it.

Return to “rs-met”