So now what?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just thought I'd throw in that cheeky question.

Now that the MAC version of ManyGuitar is released is anyone thinking about a ManyGuitar2? One with a nifty browser like ManyBass and an articulation switcher along with some other ManyGuitar specific items perhaps? :hihi:

The new ManyBass site looks good and I have to confess that although I pre-purchased ManyBass, I only just installed it all today. That's some sidetrack. My initial impression was ..... NIIIIICE! Might suffer a little bit from memory loss though once you try to get a couple of articulations loaded up. Some of those soundsets are over 200Mb! :o

I don't know if my computer's going to cope with this and ManyGuitar loaded at the same time. One decent piano set added on top and my computer may well explode.

Luckily I have the latest MrRay and VB3 to preserve RAM for those instruments, but Philharmonik is probably a no go.

God - maybe I'll have to buy that new computer (at last) just so I can run my power instruments.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Hey Caleb
Thanks for the post.

The first thing you'll want to do is go to your account page on the new ManyBass site and grab the latest version of ManyBass. It adds Disk Steaming and should totally ease your Ram loading. The new version is much slicker in terms of that and load times etc.

As for what's next ..... Well some time to breathe, we all have been pretty busy here the last while.

That said, we do have new things on the go too.

Paul
Last edited by manytone on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yep - after posting this I looked around a bit more and found that video tutorial about the new features. What a fantastic present!

The Build database thingy makes ManyBass load in a snap. I'm not getting quite the amazing soundset switching speed demonstrated on the video with ACT. However, it is MUCH improved and more importantly it's saving RAM which is what I really need it to do.

You guys started out licensing an engine to get some of your sounds out there, but since then you've gone from strength to strength. Each time a new product comes out you've raised the bar again.

I'm really interested to see not only how the next ManyGuitar is going to benefit from the improved ManyBass engine, but also what extra guitar-specific features you might put in there. I'm happy to put in my share of opinions on the matter if you're interested in hearing them. :D

Now I'm off to read all the tutorials for my ManyBass. Catch ya later. ;)

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Hi Caleb

Hope you had a good chance to try out the new goodies.

As for your speed in loading with the new version of ManyBass.... I'll give this pointer:

When you first load the new version of ManyBass with ACT, in your host, and start clicking on presets or SoundSets, it may take a quick second or so to load.
But after you have loaded each SoundSet at least once ...then ManyBass will have all the info in the cache and will thereby FLY (in terms of loading speed of Presets and SoundSets) for the rest of the session.

I'll reply to the ManyGuitar things in the thread in our forum we have for ManyGuitar FR, as I see you posted there too.

Thanks again, and hope you are enjoying!
Paul

On manybass.com there is an FM EP soundset and it says you are working on a full FM library in the future...any details you want to leak on that?

Return to “Manytone Music”